SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
rick112
rick112 is on a distinguished road

Default What to see the Sky LIVE? Go to...

I can be a real pain in the ass when I want something. I finally got someone from Saturn to talk with me about the Sky and where I can see it. The Canadian location I won't tell you because I don't want to The American location and date I have is as follows. The Erie Fare in Hamburg NY Auguse 16-21. The exec. didn't say the Sky would be there on a particular day and could not promise that it would be there 100%. He did say it was likely to be there.

Also we should look for some web site updates of the Sky in September. There may be one prior to that though. The exec I talked with was not specific. We could see options listed at that point

I was also told that there are 4 "Sky Properties" touring at this time and I think we have seen pictures of all of them at this point. To bad they didn't do the Bluestone. I am thinking of getting that colour. Either that or Red and I don't like the tail lights with the red. I'll wait till I can see something tangable.

Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rick112's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rick112 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rick112 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2005, 08:11 PM   #2
JDRedline
Advanced Member
JDRedline is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
Default Re: What to see the Sky LIVE? Go to...

Has anyone tried calling the customer service line and asked them for a schedule?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JDRedline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JDRedline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JDRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
todaresqSL2
todaresqSL2 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick112
The American location and date I have is as follows. The Erie Fare in Hamburg NY Auguse 16-21.

Also we should look for some web site updates of the Sky in September. There may be one prior to that though. The exec I talked with was not specific. We could see options listed at that point
Cool, so you and I will probably see the same car... it will be in Binghamton, NY 2 weeks prior @ the Spiedie Fest...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to todaresqSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help todaresqSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
todaresqSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
rick112

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRedline
Has anyone tried calling the customer service line and asked them for a schedule?
JDRedline

Check out some of my rants/posts on the issue. Customer Service has no clue as to what is going on. And if you dial he 1 800 number don't pick option 2 it doesn't work and you will have to redial the number. I have told them about that 2 or 3 times.

todaresqSL2

I am going to check the details and will post what I find out next week. I don't know if it will be at the fair for the full week or just a day. I don't even know if it will be at the fair or a local dealer. The person I was talking with was in the Saturn Marketing department and I think they were high up.

I am really looking forward to seeing some changes to the web site.
Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help rick112 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:34 PM   #5
scotted73
Advanced Member
scotted73 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Hey Rick, there wasn't very much advertising concerning the touring of the Sky. I found out because I had accidentally clicked on the Saturn for Seattle site in my Favorites folder. In fact, the small trailer that brought it to Lynnwood doesn't even advertise the Sky. It has a Saturn banner and pictures of the current lineup. Pretty low-key stuff. I'm wondering if GM is trying to keep attention on the Solstice by not advertising the Sky? I asked one of the gentlemen, who was answering questions concerning the Sky, about the Aura and its tour schedule. He indicated that it should start touring in about a year. Of course, who really knows?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotted73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotted73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotted73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:37 AM   #6
rick112

The four "properties" they have are just recently built. This is what I was told. They are touring the US and it seems to be low key. The places I noted are scheduled to have a Sky but if something more important comes up it will go there instead.

We have the Canadian National Exhibition every year. Big thing and as far as I have heard it will NOT be there. It is supposed to be in the GTA soon but it my be an invite only thing.

My advice anyone who wants to see this car early is to do what I did. Put money down on one. Let your dealer know you really want to see it (although my dealer says he is getting his best info from me at this point). Do some research on the internet and make calls to Saturn.

BTW

If you pre order a car, my brothers advice is to get terms in writing. One thing you really want them to know is that you want a low milage car. He worked for a Chrysler dealership and a guy ordered a Vipour. The sales team racked up a few K on the car before telling him his car was in. Then they told him he had to pay full price for the car anyway or they could order him a new one and that would only take 6 months. He took the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #7
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

I was told by the sales dude at Saturn North of Columbus that the Sky will be at the Columbus Zoo For "Saturn day" at the zoo. I don't see it listed as an attraction, yet...

"Mark your calendars for our next Saturn Day at the Zoo event, September 11, 2005. Jack Hanna again will make an appearance. The John Schwab Band will provide entertainment." http://www.saturnofcolumbus.com/sdz.htm

Cool/Bummer. I may have to actually go out on a Sunday and do something other than go to church, and rest on the Lords day. Resting and going to church is my preference. It is Not a biblical command as such. IIRC, it's just command for not working, and setting the day aside for worship. (why did I bring that up? )

Anyway, I hope that someone will confirm the report. Like Clappdaddy! What's the truth?

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rossao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:17 PM   #8
bennett9000
bennett9000 has a spectacular aura aboutbennett9000 has a spectacular aura about

I just got home from the Zoo, and got to check out the Sky. Sweet, sweet ride - those rima are HUGE! I took lots of pictures; perhaps... I'll post some...

-Andy

01 SL1 (2011-2014) 99 SW2 (2002-2009) 95 SL2 (1997-2002)
00 ROUSH Cougar V6 03 SVT Focus #2370 08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bennett9000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bennett9000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bennett9000 is offline   Reply With Quote