SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
BullyCanadian
BullyCanadian has a spectacular aura aboutBullyCanadian has a spectacular aura about

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default 1992 SL2 Fuel Gauge / Temp

Its well, how to put it, wobbly. Like while driving it will sporadically go back and forth (not fully) but in the general level the gas is it, the neeedle will swing back and fourth through that area. the car has had that problem since we bought it (my mom bought it from a good friend and it was honestly the only problem it had when we bought it back in 2000. She now gave the car to me about 60k (km's) later and bought a Mitsubishi Galant)

Also my car heats up when idling/at a red light. I am changing the ECT and Thermostat was I was told by a fellow in another forum, he keeps directing me to this site for info so I came here for my next question

1992 Saturn SL2 has been sold as of June 2007...
2003 4.6L v8 Mustang 5speed Sold as of March 2014...
Daily Driver ... 2003 i4 5speed Vue
Mileage Currently @ (09/30/2014) 268,000 km (166,500 mi)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BullyCanadian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BullyCanadian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BullyCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2005, 11:29 PM   #2
Sky King
Master Member
Sky King is on a distinguished road

1999 SC2
1995 SL2
Default Re: 1992 SL2 Fuel Gauge / Temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyCanadian
Also my car heats up when idling/at a red light. I am changing the ECT and Thermostat was I was told by a fellow in another forum, he keeps directing me to this site for info so I came here for my next question
When you say "heats up", does it go into the red? When the temp indication goes up does the electric radiator fan come on? Does the radiator fan come on when the airconditioning is turned on?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sky King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sky King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sky King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
BullyCanadian
BullyCanadian has a spectacular aura aboutBullyCanadian has a spectacular aura about

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King
When you say "heats up", does it go into the red? When the temp indication goes up does the electric radiator fan come on? Does the radiator fan come on when the airconditioning is turned on?
Yes it goes right into the red. I have the heat on low (its killer during summer) to get the gauge back down (i think it keeps the temps down ?) I do not turn on the airconditioning because there is no freon in it. Also I beleieve the raidator fan does turn on, but not 100% sure on that, I will check tomorrow after I install the thermostat and ECT

1992 Saturn SL2 has been sold as of June 2007...
2003 4.6L v8 Mustang 5speed Sold as of March 2014...
Daily Driver ... 2003 i4 5speed Vue
Mileage Currently @ (09/30/2014) 268,000 km (166,500 mi)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BullyCanadian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BullyCanadian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BullyCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 01:11 AM   #4
Sky King
Master Member
Sky King is on a distinguished road

1999 SC2
1995 SL2

The reason I asked about the fan with air cond on is the fan is supposed to come on anytime the air cond is on regardless of engine temp. It is a quick way to see if the fan itself even works. If it does not, that doesn't mean the fan is necessarily bad, there could be other factors but if it does then you can look for other factors involved in your overheating. The fan also is supposed to come on when the engine coolant reaches 220-222 deg F.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sky King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sky King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sky King is offline   Reply With Quote