SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 03:09 PM   #1
mazscraper
mazscraper is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Air Ride 02-04 Fwd Vues and maybe others

Ok I finally finished the air ride before i catch any concerns I will address them here Yes in the photo the shock is not mounted i need to replace both shock bolts due to severe rust i couldnt brake them free....As for the front that is a non painted factory vue strut sorry i forgot to paint them so i will do that when i go outside in a few min.And finally the last if anyone knows about airbags you should know the bag is totally deflated so it will not sit in this position that long as you should know you shouldnt drive without air in the bags...And last thing the rear brackets can be welded on or bolted in as i did I used 1/2 grade 8 bolts to do this and grade 8 3/8 bolts to mount bags to mounts.As you see i had to remove the factory spring perch so you will have to decide how bad you want this setup....I am using 2500# bags in the rear and single bellow bags up front it will sit low and raise to stock height plus an inch or so and still allow many of the trucks uses and also increase ride quality which is a plus if you are intrested in doing this let me know I will be selling the items to build this in either pieces or a complete air kit now remember no one in your area will have a bagged vue I am the first and only one i completly came up with the entire design and fabbed them so you will not find anyone else with them......by the way the pics are in my gallery

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mazscraper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mazscraper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2004, 04:25 PM   #2
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

Neat setup! Where did u stash that air tank though?

-sXe for life-

Former Saturn owner but still a Saturn Fan~!

2010 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to binkybaby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help binkybaby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

Did you completely remove the jounce bumpers? If so, what happens when you hit a BIG bump with that setup?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to D C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help D C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-11-2004, 04:41 PM   #4
vue0404
vue0404 is on a distinguished road

Great piece of engineering and fabrication. You are a true crafstman. Any more pics of the Hooters girls?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vue0404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vue0404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-11-2004, 04:59 PM   #5
mazscraper

2002 VUE 2.2L

It is sitting on air it is like riding in a caddy with air suspension there is very little bounce in it and it doesnt bottom out anymore...as for the air tank well thats the down side i will have interior pics of it asap it is mounted in the cabin now temporany untill i get 2 smaller ones which will go under the truck so right now on a piece of wood it sits back by rear door temporary but my vehicle isnt used as a grocery getter i am sure if you arent doing a large stereo u can mount the tank near the rear seat and put a box over it and lay carpet over it and it will just look like a part of the interior they make rather small tanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mazscraper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:37 PM   #6
mazscraper

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Brackets for air ride for VUE FOR SALE AND READY

Ok as testing has now been completed on the airride I am now able to sell these items you will recieve a new set of rear brackets for your air ride all the way to a full air ride setup for your truck be diffrent totally with this setup get in touch with me if you are intrested I accept Paypal and money orders thank you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-24-2004, 06:55 PM   #7
04SilverVue
Advanced Member
04SilverVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

How would have thought - LowRiders in Wisconsin! LOL

04SilverVue
DFW, Texas

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04SilverVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04SilverVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2004, 01:48 AM   #8
SQVue
Advanced Member
SQVue is on a distinguished road

so how much for each option??? and can you get some fully deflated pics of the entire car in the shot...just to see how it sits, and a fully inflated shot, thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SQVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SQVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:13 AM   #9
blkVUEredline
blkVUEredline is on a distinguished road

Send me the details, sounds interesting. Need to know if it will work on the suspension after the recall repair, and if it will work on AWD models. Any way of knowing for sure?

So how bout a nice Ram-Air hood and Dual exhaust to go with your other mods huh?

Nice VUE.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blkVUEredline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blkVUEredline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:07 PM   #10
blkVUEredline
blkVUEredline is on a distinguished road

Maz, send me info. I want to know about this. I wouldn't mind the Air Ride for comfort as well as the convenience of adjustable ride height, for wet/flooding conditions.

How do these systems usually work for high performance handling? Same as conventional springs and shocks, better, same?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blkVUEredline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blkVUEredline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-10-2005, 01:29 PM   #11
mazscraper

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Air Ride 02-04 Fwd Vues and maybe others

if anyone is looking to do airride get ahold of me email me!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-16-2005, 08:46 PM   #12
mazscraper

2002 VUE 2.2L

Wow this drops fast.Anyways if anyone is intrested in an airride setup I need to know what size airline you are intrested in and so forth we custom build each system so all cost is diffrent to what you want.The setup on this vue is 1/2 inch with 1/2 inch valves and 1/2 ports it is very fast if you arent trying to hop it you can run 3/8 lines and smaller valves and so forth it will save some money as this is extreme it bounces the rear wheels off the ground and rides so nice going down the road/it also solves the problem of rear camber when you lower the rear past the avail adjustments on the align adjuster so if you are intrested email me at jon@streetfreakz.net or at jonemcnbj@yahoo.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-16-2005, 09:28 PM   #13
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line

Hey Jon!!! I got your email but i've been so busy, by the time I got off work I forgot to email you back! Sorry!!!

I was interested in getting bags for my red line vue, but had some questions... Can you do it on an AWD VUE? I know you didn't have an AWD, so I didn't know if you had any concerns with that. Have you done any other VUEs? Namely Red Lines? I really want to see this in person before I decide. By any chance are you going to go to the Saturnfans Homecoming in Spring Hill, TN or "The Saturn Gathering" in (?Louisville?)

I'm going to try and go to both events. I'm near Dayton, OH if you're ever down this way.

How much would the system cost roughly? Is pricing available for both sets the 1/2 and 3/8?

How is the performance handling? I mean, this is more a comfort and ride adjustment right, so does it negatively effect performance cornering and handling?

Unfortunately, i'm unsure at this point if I will be able to get this... the miss' says no, so i'm still doing the research, hope that if we can both see you in person sometime I might change her mind, but at the moment I haven't made up my own mind...

I'm hoping that seeing your vue, getting these questions answered, and depending on the price I might still be interested.

I would like to lower my red line vue's height, while being able to raise it back to it's current height, or higher, if needed, while still maintaining it's incredible performance handling. The aspects of a smoother ride is very appealing to me, the aspect of being able to lower my vue another inch or more, and being able to raise it back up at the touch of a button, but I don't know much about Air ride systems, so i'm curious if air bags and my current aggressive performance driving (think autocross) will perform well together, or if i'm going to turn a corner hard and pop an air bag...

Hope you can answer my questions, and hope a revival of this thread and your return to SaturnFans may bring some buisness for you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-16-2005, 10:36 PM   #14
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotovue

Unfortunately, i'm unsure at this point if I will be able to get this... the miss' says no, so i'm still doing the research, hope that if we can both see you in person sometime I might change her mind, but at the moment I haven't made up my own mind...
Kat doesn't agree?!?!?!

'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-16-2005, 10:42 PM   #15
fotovue

2007 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout
Kat doesn't agree?!?!?!
Not yet. I'm still trying to convince her. But first i'd like to see this in person. I wish there was a Red Line Vue owner that has already tried this.

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-16-2005, 11:00 PM   #16
fotovue

2007 VUE Red Line

Hydraulics may be a better choice for me, i'm just not knowledgeable in these things. I don't know what the difference is between them. I want something like this for my Red Line VUE: http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...+Perf+Susp+Sys

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-16-2005, 11:23 PM   #17
mazscraper

2002 VUE 2.2L

Well to give you an inside as i have been building vehicles with both hydraulics and airride for some time now.You cannot use hydraulics and 99% of creditable hydraulics shops wont even install them on your vehicle for 2 reasons.First it isnt a vehicle with an actual frame and second because it uses struts in the front.I am sure you could find someone to install them but you will break alot of things and it will cost you way more money and damage so much in the long run.With my vue airride kit the strut will look like that in the picture with an air bladder/spring instead of the actual coil spring if you go into my photos you can kinda see the strut bag.As for the rear as i said You can go the route of the shock/airspring instead of the actual airspring/bag in place of the coil spring.This item is of course a little more costly but the long run it will be cheaper then hydraulics you will tear your cv joints out you will end up breaking the upper strut mounts and possibly shooting a hydraulic cylinder through your hood and that all cost alot to replace when the airbag will sit in place of the coil spring and yeah it is a bit more but ease of mind is alot easier and oh yeah do you want batteries in your cargo area for the hydros? and it will have a rougher ride dont get me wrong i enjoy hydraulics but if your looking to drive this alot i would go air

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-17-2005, 12:41 AM   #18
curegeorg
curegeorg is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

read your email

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to curegeorg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help curegeorg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #19
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

So, big question is, if you bag your Vue, does it drive like Lincoln sedan? All of the cars I know with air ride suspensions ride really mushy, and that's just not my thing. Sure, I would love to have another inch or so lower ride height, and it would be really sweet to be able to adjust the height at will, but I am certainly not willing to give up the outstanding cornering ability of the Red Line for this. I like the idea of bagging a Red Line, a lot, but I can't part with the handling I've grown to love so much. It's one of the main reasons I bought it in the first place.

The million dollar question -- will bagging a Red Line Vue limit its cornering abilities, or will they stay roughly the same?

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #20
04RDLN
04RDLN is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

how would the airbags hold up in the winter with all the salt and crap they put on the roads . I need new struts already and am very interested in bagging my redline if it is possible to bag an awd . also one other question will this mess with allignment and the warranty

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04RDLN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04RDLN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread