SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 02:43 PM   #1
Jon94SoLo2

Sad Getting paint/scuff marks off my car

Man, am I having problems...

Well, my wife decided to back my car out of the garage the other day and proceeded to scrape the front bumper along the side of my garage door. I now have a large (about 6 inches in diameter) scuff mark on the left side of my front bumper, just to the left of the driver's side head light. The garage is painted white and my car is Blue/Black, so the paint scuff is quite noticible.

There doesn't seem to be any physical damage (thanks to polymer) and there was some scratching of the paint. But what I can't seem to remove is the white paint. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get the white paint off my car without causing any additional damage? My neighbor suggested using vinegar, but that didn't do much to help, just stunk a bit.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Jon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jon94SoLo2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jon94SoLo2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2001, 05:21 PM   #2
dohc 97
dohc 97 is on a distinguished road

Default paint marks

Buy a can of Blue Coral white polishing compound (or equivalent) from any auto parts store. Wrap a rag around your finger and dip it in the compound. Then, very gently -- light pressure -- rub off the white paint.
When it's all off, gently buff with a soft cloth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dohc 97's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dohc 97 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-05-2001, 07:04 PM   #3
Emanuel
Emanuel is on a distinguished road

You can also use regular car cleaner wax with alot of elbow grease.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Emanuel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Emanuel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2001, 11:42 AM   #4
beasjd

All you need is some sort of polishing compoung. TurtleWax makes a really good one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beasjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beasjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 09-08-2001, 12:54 PM   #5
LI 350
Advanced Member
LI 350 is on a distinguished road

o man...when I was buying my car, the sales person did the whole "look! its not denting!" *****.

After walking through some sand on the ground, he winds up & belts my driver's door with his foot, marring it; especially since the rest of the car's paint was nearly blemish-free. He could of at least done it to another saturn besides the one I was buying!...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LI 350's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LI 350 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-17-2001, 08:50 PM   #6
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Attention BE REAL CAREFUL

Be very careful with ANY COMPOUND!! Compounds are like liquid sandpaper and will scratch your clear coat beyond repair. Particularly on your dark colored car, a polishing or cleaning compound will kill your paint.

Go to this link and find out how to get rid of minor scratches and what not from your clear coated paint finish.

http://www.parko-polishes.com/gloss_guide.htm

They make a four step process that is much friendlier to your paint. After the process, your paint will look much better. The 2500 grit is usually good for minor scrapes and stuff too.

You can not get this stuff at Peb Boys. You'll have to go to an auto body supply store, but it works.

I grew up in the paint and body industry & know this product very well. (Have some in the garage.)

Lastly, don't let your wife drive your car if she is going to hit stuff with it!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread