SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #41
celegante
celegante is on a distinguished road

2002 SC
1992 SC2
Default Re: High Mileage Saturn Owners

Christi
Salt Lake City, Utah
Silver 1992 SC
Owned since Day 1 (ordered from the dealer)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to celegante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help celegante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2005, 04:37 PM   #42
hotmillz
hotmillz is on a distinguished road

I Dont Personally Own A Saturn But I Do Work On Them. The Other Day A Guy Drove In With 315,000 Miles!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hotmillz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hotmillz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-04-2005, 12:59 AM   #43
TIMSPEED
Advanced Member
TIMSPEED is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
1998 SW2

Name: Tim Johnson
Email: CorvetteRacing87@yahoo.com
City/State/Province: Modesto, CA
Year of your car and model: 93 SC2
Car's Name (If Applicable): Old Reliable (For good reason!)
Current Mileage: 278k
How long you have owned the vehicle: Since March of 01.
Bought the car from the original owners, with 220k miles, for $2200 (figured I'd give them $1 per hundred miles, haha). At the TIME, I didn't know Saturn's didn't record mileage when they were being towed...that's how I bought it, because they said "Ohh, it has this many miles, because it was towed around a lot." So I said "OK!" Well..considering...I'd still give them the same price, for the same mileage! This car is AMAZING! It's still on the Original Engine/Trans. The only things I've changed (other than routine) have been preventative, such as:
Motor & Transmission Mounts
Radiator/Hoses/Thermostat/Water Pump
Replaced the windshield because it got rock cracked (argh!)
Replaced the headliner (was sagging)

Thing I've modified just for me:
Added OEM Optional Center Console
Replaced the driver/passenger seats (came up on a good deal on Leather 97 SL2 seats)
Aftermarket Fog Lights
K&N FIPK with a 95+ air intake (No resonator)
OEM Header/Eastern Cat/Thrush Glasspack/Dynomax Ultraflow
Tinted Windows

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TIMSPEED's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TIMSPEED reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #44
callmethewander
callmethewander is on a distinguished road

1992 SL1
1994 SC2

204,000 on my '92 SL1, 5 spd., still peppy, the car is showing it's age, bit it's a very strong runner, just replaced the radiator, did some front end work a few mos. back, including struts. great great car! i'm looking at an SC2 now. so i guess i'll be saying goodbye to it, it served me well to say the least. i also have a '95 SL1 with 120,000 mis. but i had to replace the head, '95's were known for that, but now it has a later year head and it runs great, unfortunately it's an automatic, not fun for me so i'll be selling that too. hopefully it will finance most of my 2 purchase, someone wants my '92 for $500.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to callmethewander's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help callmethewander reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #45
Stephen 3616
Stephen 3616 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

Hey ya'll

Stephen Phillips
sphillips27@houston.rr.com
Spring, TX.
2000 SL2
N/A
Bought it in 2001

Original Engine and Transmission, clutch has been changed, starter, an O2 sensor, cooling fan and ECTS, still stock, soon to be modified.

Its been a good car!! Currently looking for a good used Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Stephen 3616's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Stephen 3616 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2005, 05:28 PM   #46
1stSaturnowner
1stSaturnowner is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Dizzy Re: High Mileage Saturn Owners

Name David J.
Email mrcool_1_1_1@yahoo.com
City/State/Province Jacksonville/Florida
Year of your car and model 2001 L100
Car's Name (If Applicable) N/ACurrent Mileage 100,031How long you have owned the vehicle A year and 2 months

Also include if the car (if you know the information), is on a first or second engine, etc. N/A

: I bought the car with 84,818 miles on it! Now that I have past the 100,000 milestone, I going for 200,000 miles in about 6 - 8 YEARS!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1stSaturnowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1stSaturnowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #47
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2

Name: Arnel & Barb Balcita
Email: Arnel.Balcita@gmail.com
City/State/Province: Pittsburgh, PA

Year of your car and model: 1993 SL1m (blue, left in photo)
Car's Name (If Applicable): SLone (get it SL1?)
Current Mileage: 136,000+ miles
How long you have owned the vehicle: October 1993

Year of your car and model: 1994 SL2m (green, center)
Car's Name (If Applicable): Ringo (as in Ring O' Saturn)
Current Mileage: 184,000+ miles
How long you have owned the vehicle: January 1998

Yellow coupe has 29k to go to qualify!

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:57 PM   #48
yougotit
yougotit is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

Gregg Smith
smith.ga4@forces.gc.ca
Victoria, British Columbia
1996 SL1 5 sp
204,435 Kms
9 yrs

all original except tires ( replaced at 194,000 kms) and battery...even all the the lights are original..having said that I will probably lose one on the way home...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yougotit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yougotit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:22 PM   #49
FL_SL2
FL_SL2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

Michael Stewart
mcctstewart1@earthlink.net
Kissimmee, FL
1995 SL2
Ol' Girl
Mom bought the car new, totally dealer serviced. I've had it almost 4 years (since 88k miles).

Original engine. Clutch (possibly whole transaxle) replaced after an accident many years ago. Alternator (2X), radiator, ... um ... battery.. that's about it, other than wearable items.

...if Despotism failed only for want of a capable benevolent despot, what chance has Democracy, which requires a whole population of capable voters. -- George Bernard Shaw 1903

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FL_SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FL_SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:42 PM   #50
SinWagon
SinWagon is on a distinguished road

2000 SC2

Name: Joey Thomas
City/State/Province: Orem, Utah
Year of your car and model: 2000 SC2
Car's Name (If Applicable): Cortez
Current Mileage: 117,000 (had 47,000 when purchased)
How long you have owned the vehicle: March 2003

Black badges, clear sidemarkers, and aftermarket stereo are the only mods. Many original parts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SinWagon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SinWagon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #51
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

I can't volunteer my younger brother or mom (both of whom have more than 100K on their Saturns) without their knowledge/consent. My 'bro has 205K+ and counting on his '95 SL1 and at this point I think it can outlast the Energizer bunny.

My SL2 needs 3750 miles to reach 100K and is not eligible for the PM survey.

'04 Ion is last Saturn standing.
'15 Subaru Forester (replaces VUE); '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-27-2005, 05:17 PM   #52
1stSaturnowner

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Heart Re: High Mileage Saturn Owners

My friend's mother had a Satty just like the one in green before it went to "Car Heaven"! I don't know what year it was or the mileage, but I do know it was bought used in the '90s!! It was my first time seen a S-series, and I knew when I saw it that I need to get one! Well, I got a Saturn car, but not the S-series!! I think my friend's mother went and traded it in for Pontaic Sunfire-new(If I remember correctly)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnel

Name: Arnel & Barb Balcita
Email: Arnel.Balcita@gmail.com
City/State/Province: Pittsburgh, PA

Year of your car and model: 1993 SL1m (blue, left in photo)
Car's Name (If Applicable): SLone (get it SL1?)
Current Mileage: 136,000+ miles
How long you have owned the vehicle: October 1993

Year of your car and model: 1994 SL2m (green, center)
Car's Name (If Applicable): Ringo (as in Ring O' Saturn)
Current Mileage: 184,000+ miles
How long you have owned the vehicle: January 1998

Yellow coupe has 29k to go to qualify!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 1stSaturnowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-28-2005, 04:56 PM   #53
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really nice

2000 SW2
1998 SL2

Ken Williams
Wilmington, NC
1996 SC2
161,xxx

Original engine and tranny. Burns a little oil. Bought it with 60K on it in 1998. Since then have replaced 2 alternators, the starter, front brakes, clutch hydraulics, recently replaced the clutch and timing chain.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BarnOwl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BarnOwl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #54
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: High Mileage Saturn Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnel

So how many miles on the cat? LOL

I have 148K on mine. It has had the usual problems and replacement parts. One owner= my wife. Purchased in Oct '91, Tis my daily driver to work. 7.5k miles/yr.

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:23 PM   #55
delivery man
Advanced Member
delivery man is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossao1
So how many miles on the cat? LOL

I have 148K on mine. It has had the usual problems and replacement parts. One owner= my wife. Purchased in Oct '91, Tis my daily driver to work. 7.5k miles/yr.
I've had the usual problems with my cat also, but I haven't had to replace any parts???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to delivery man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help delivery man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:09 PM   #56
SCAC Worker
SCAC Worker is on a distinguished road

I do not own a Saturn myself, but I had a lady with a 96' Wagon call in to the center here with over 600,000 miles on her vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SCAC Worker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SCAC Worker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #57
1stSaturnowner

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Dizzy Re: High Mileage Saturn Owners

HTML Code:
[QUOTE=SCAC Worker]I do not own a Saturn myself, but I had a lady with a 96' Wagon call in to the center here with over 600,000 miles on her vehicle.[/QUOTE]
She must have worked as postal driver?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-02-2005, 06:59 AM   #58
SCAC Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stSaturnowner
She must have worked as postal driver?

You are correct!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SCAC Worker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:28 AM   #59
AceDerry2
AceDerry2 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Name- Geoff Medina
Email- AceDerry2@aol.com
Derry, NH USA
Year of your car and model: 1995 Saturn SL1
Current Mileage- 200,322
How long you have owned the vehicle- 5 Years, been in the family for 8.

Also include if the car (if you know the information), is on a first or second engine, etc- FIRST ENGINE! This could be the best kept saturn in NH! And according to the Valvoline Oil change guys, it has the cleanest engine in New England! He didnt believe me when I told him it was a '95, he thought it had 50,000 miles on it. It's my FIRST saturn, and it's by far the best I have ever owned. My Previous cars were a 1988 Ford Tempo, died at 145,000 miles on it SECOND engine... then I had a 1989 Cadillac Seville, sold it with 129,000 on it.... had no heat, ran great, put a new tranny in it but gas mileage was too much....then I had a 1988 Hyundai Excel..... WE WON'T GO THERE..... and now, I have a 1995 Saturn... the savior of all cars.... I say this because my mom bought it in 1997 with 22,000 miles on it.... and when all of my other cars broke down, she picked me up in the Saturn! The A/C still works... all original. Interior and exterior look as it if just rolled out of the showroom. UNDER THE HOOD looks like it's sitting in the showroom....Clutch/pressure plates/master and slave cylindar all replaced at 160,000 miles (I inadvertenly shifted into 1st instead of 3rd on the highway...bad idea). original battery lasted me 7 years.... Original alternator finally went at 185,000 miles...somewhere in there I had to install new struts/mounts due to an annoying (but not unsafe) shaky noise in the front end. Wierd one: I had to replace the STEERING RACK (came with tierods) because I stupidly drove it for 10,000 miles on warped rotors... it constantly smashed the wheel.... this was back when I wasn't sure how long i would keep it.... but $1000 later I got a new rack/tierods/brakes/rotors. TIGHT AS A DRUM. I love driving other people's cars, especially ones with LESS miles and LESS age..... for example my Brother-in-Law has a 2002 Hyundai Elantra with only 28,000 miles on it.... under the hood is a RUST BUCKET, same thing with my dad's 1998 Civic with only 107,000.... engine is trashed!! and it has 3 BELTS!!! what a stupid design!! And those cars are rough riders... my saturn... with over 200k miles is SMOOTH, and tight.... its great! I took a horn assy out of a 1993 Sable... the factory horn wasn't doing it for me....Also,I have a HITCH installed on it, and I tow a 8x10 foot snowmobile trialor with two Yamaha ATV's (2,800 lbs worth of weight)...it's quite a sight to see.... lots of people turn their heads for that one That's my story.... I'm working on sending pictures.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AceDerry2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AceDerry2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:40 AM   #60
SCAC Worker

Has anyone ever seen that episode of "Married With Children" where Al Bundy's dodge hits 1,000,000 miles...Great Stuff!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread