SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
Luna
Luna is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Happy Saturn Sky

HI everyone!

I am seriously thinking of getting the SKY when it comes out later this year. My question is has anyone heard if there is going to be a hard top version?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Luna's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Luna reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
lexington01
lexington01 is on a distinguished road

1999 SC2
Default Re: Saturn Sky

There are no plans for a production hard top version of the Kappa platform at this time....to my knowledge. Although Europe might be getting something I think.

Anyways, no hard top Soltice or Sky in the near future.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lexington01's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lexington01 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
Nowhere Man
Nowhere Man is on a distinguished road

1995 SW2

Yeah, that would add quite a bit to the cost. Seeing as this will only cost 25k, and the cheapest hard-top convertible is the Mercedes SLK at 50k I believe. But I certainly think it would look sweet with a hard top. It would be a nice option if they get around to it.

95' SW2
131,000 Miles
32-MPG avg.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nowhere Man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nowhere Man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
adidasman4life
adidasman4life is on a distinguished road

Actually, while I was listening to an interview with one of the men that was involved with the delelopement of the Solstice (Pod Cast on the GM Fastlane blog) I heard the man note that they were developing a hard top for the Solstice. Amongst other things, he mentioned a 5.4 sec 0-60. From what I got out of this interview, I can say that it is very much likely that a hard top will be available with the Sky, and that there are going to be high performance variants of these two roadsters available after their releases. (Neither one of these 2800 lb. roadsters can do a 5.4 sec 0-60 with only a 170 bhp 4-banger).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adidasman4life's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adidasman4life reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:30 AM   #5
LTS
Advanced Member
LTS is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
HI everyone!

I am seriously thinking of getting the SKY when it comes out later this year. My question is has anyone heard if there is going to be a hard top version?
Did I miss something? I thought the SKY was a 2007 model and thus had another year to go before being introduced?!? Did that change? Do I now have to sell the dining set I was forced to buy so I can buy a car this summer?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LTS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LTS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:50 AM   #6
lexington01
lexington01 is on a distinguished road

1999 SC2

Not sure about the Sky but my girlfriend works for a Pontiac dealer and they're getting their first shipment in a couple weeks. 8 cars, already spoken for of course. She says they are stipped down models. She just watched the promo video last week.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lexington01's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lexington01 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #7
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

That hard top refered to on the Ipod broadcast is a REMOVABLE hard top and not to be confussed with the solistice coupe that was shown at some of the earlier auto shows (and quite attractive).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:18 PM   #8
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

The Solstice and Sky will debut with manually-operated soft tops. A removable hardtop, a la the T-Bird, is expected, but as to when, only GM knows for sure.

Why is Saturn Sky is considered a 2007 model and Solstice a 2006? Any vehicle that is produced after January 1st of a calendar year can be classified as a midyear release or an early-introduction for the following model year. Manufacturers tend to go with the latter option because of the 'newness factor' as well as bragging rights. Production for the Solstice is already underway at Wilmington, and the Solstice will have a three month headstart over traditional-introduction 2006 vehicles.

Sky's anticipated launch is another year away, hence it's classification as a 2007 MY vehicle. That way Saturn can claim the distinction of being one of the very first '07s on the streets.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread