SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 09:10 AM   #1
TylerD
TylerD is on a distinguished road

Default 2004 Ion 3 Speaker Specs? (non adv audio)

Does anyone know the speaker specs for the 2004 Ion 3 that doesn't have the advanced audio package. I plan on ordering new speakers because personally i think the Ion's sound like crap. Any recommendations?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TylerD's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TylerD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
CoffeeEater
CoffeeEater is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: 2004 Ion 3 Speaker Specs? (non adv audio)

I have no idea what they are, but they suck. I just pulled my stock speakers off my 2003 Ion 3 and replaced them with Infinity Reference Series 6002si (si is shallow mount...i only got them because they were cheaper). Circuit City had them for $55.99 a pair. Total with tax was around $118 and it was a GREAT investment.

The 6 1/2" fit perfectly. I think 6 3/4" are the stock size though. They should be 4ohm. You will need to buy GM speaker harnesses. I got mine at Best Buy for $5.99 per 2. I needed 2 sets for the 4 speakers, so it was $11.98 + tax.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CoffeeEater's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CoffeeEater reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-22-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
TylerD
TylerD is on a distinguished road

I think you just sold me on the speakers.... everyone else is selling them for 10-20 bucks more, seems like circuit city is a good deal with free shipping. I'm thinking about just getting two front speakers because I dont want to buy an amp. Do you have an amp now? Could u tell me the model number of the speaker mount u bought?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TylerD's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TylerD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-22-2005, 11:05 AM   #4
CoffeeEater
CoffeeEater is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerD
I think you just sold me on the speakers.... everyone else is selling them for 10-20 bucks more, seems like circuit city is a good deal with free shipping. I'm thinking about just getting two front speakers because I dont want to buy an amp. Do you have an amp now? Could u tell me the model number of the speaker mount u bought?
I'm not sure the model number of the speaker harness. I just went to best buy (the car audio installation bay in the back...not the retail part of the store), brought the new speaker, and told them what car I had. They got the part in a few seconds for $5.99 per pair. They look exactly like THIS.

You don't need an amp to replace the rear speakers. I don't have an amp. I'm running all 4 speakers from the factory connections (plus the harnesses)and factory brackets. It's a very easy install...DO NOT PAY for someone to do this. The only tools you'll need: Phillips screwdriver, socket wrench with 7mm socket, and maybe some pliars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CoffeeEater's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CoffeeEater reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread