SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Yellow Hornet
Yellow Hornet is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Question Code P0410

My Service Engine Soon light came on last week, (01 sc2 60,000 miles, auto) went to Autozone, code was P0410, which according to them was a malfunction in the secondary air injection system. I also looked it up on Wolfman's list of codes, it also says Secondary Air Injection. Autozone could not tell me what it needed but suggested I take it down the road to a mechanics shop they always send their customers too. Unfortunately, the shop was closed and I am leary to taking it somewhere new anyhow.

Should I take it to my Saturn dealer for their diagnosis? I mean know what code it has but have no idea what it needs. Plus I just don't want just start buying parts without knowing for sure what went wrong. Is this code something that will shut the car down? I don't want to get stranded esp. since I use it for pizza delivery a few times a week. Thanks for your help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Yellow Hornet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Yellow Hornet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
wrg813
wrg813 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Code P0410

If you are a doit yourselfer, check all the vacuum lines fromthe secondary air pump to the intake. I suspect you will find a loose or disconnected hose.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wrg813's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wrg813 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:25 PM   #3
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Code P0410

What he said^. The secondary air injection pump is on the front passenger side of the engine plumbed with a small diameter metal line into the center of the exhaust manifold. Have a look at the air pump itself (little round black thing with electrical and vacuum lines going into it) and trace the wires and vacuum lines to make sure they are all connected.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread