SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #1
04SilverVue
Advanced Member
04SilverVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default ECU/ECM Programming....

OK after getting beat again only because of my ignorant Computer controlled speed limiter I have been looking for companies that do customer ECU OBDII programming. Alot of expensive cars has to have custom programming done so I should be able to find a company that does it. I contact Superchips and a couple of other companies that do this but have not really gotten much response. I saw on TLC's Rides one night a guy who runs a company that only does custom programming. I mean I figure if I can find something like that it can't cost too much to have one minor setting changed.

But I was racing my two work associates going home (I know, its wrong... those in the moral majority keep your comments to yourself), 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT (250 HP V6), and 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS. We were running pretty even from a 50 punch but I was pulling ahead just alittle then BOOM! Speed Limiter... Really pissed me off because I had them.

Anyone find anything YET?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04SilverVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04SilverVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
saturn-pilgrim
saturn-pilgrim is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: ECU/ECM Programming....

Vue is not considered a high volume care to be worth the development on programming. I have tried looking for stuff for the Acura MDX or even Odyessy van but come up empty. Honda tuners tend to focus on Civic, Integra and RSX. Even if you found a Honda\Acura programmer, the PCM module used by Saturn is unique to Saturn so it is doubtful that Honda progammers would work with a Vue. If you follow the thread with the ScanGauge tool, you'll see that the Vue's PCM gives ID codes that the unit did not expect in the initial version. This was subsequently fixed and Scan Gauge will not read a Vue fine.

Victor
British Columbia, Canada
Black 2004 Vue Redline 3.5L V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn-pilgrim's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn-pilgrim reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

Three car race pushing 100mph?

'99 Volvo S70 GLT
'07 Camry SE V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
jeffb
jeffb is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-3 Sedan

Saturn-Pilgrim, Unfortunate typo in your last post!

ScanGuage will NOW read read a Vue fine. (not NOT)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jeffb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jeffb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:59 AM   #5
rickpa75
rickpa75 is on a distinguished road

Saturn's ECM is a Honda....this was already identified, no?

As for finding someone to program - I'll keep looking as well, but if someone finds a place - let me know. I'd be soooo in.

-Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rickpa75's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rickpa75 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:11 PM   #6
VUEnumber1
Advanced Member
VUEnumber1 will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

If you haven't won your race by 100mph, you're probably not going to.

Well, you might if the other person chickens out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEnumber1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEnumber1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
saturn-pilgrim
saturn-pilgrim is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb
Saturn-Pilgrim, Unfortunate typo in your last post!

ScanGuage will NOW read read a Vue fine. (not NOT)
Oooops! Thanks for pointing it out JeffB.

Victor
British Columbia, Canada
Black 2004 Vue Redline 3.5L V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn-pilgrim's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn-pilgrim reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #8
04RDLN
04RDLN is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

I had mentioned this company ( http://www.motorvationcorp.com/ )in a previous post . When I contacted them it seemed to me that if we got enough people to contact them they may make an ECU/ECM . This is a company that does custom ECU upgrades and will adjust the ECU to work with whatever engine mods you already have or are planning to install .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04RDLN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04RDLN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:46 PM   #9
revue
Advanced Member
revue is on a distinguished road

The PCM in Vues with the Honda engine is an odd animal. It's a Honda unit with modifications for use in a GM vehicle. It must communicate with other GM computers in the vehicle, the standard GM Tech 2 scanner, and also has the oil life monitor programming. I haven't found any sources for tweaks or mods but do have a spare PCM just itchin' for some.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to revue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help revue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #10
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

I'd be interested in this as well, especially if I could continue to tweak the thing via a Palm and OBD-II connection and some software they provide. I was cruising down Hwy 635 with an STS and a Benz Sunday morning (read :: very light traffic) and before I knew it, I hit the governor. The RL is pretty stable at 100. I am sure I would be comfortable pushing it up to the top of the speedo given the right conditions. Odd coincidence, I had *just* returned a radar/laser detector. I hadn't hit the governor since December 19th driving through the midwest in a train of cars doing 90-100 on a flat out road. Fortunately, no 5-0 in site!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 03:42 PM   #11
rickpa75
rickpa75 is on a distinguished road

I just spoke with a Honda tuner from Florida (friend of mine) and he stated that because of a seemingly "low-demand" it will be a while before someone makes the software to tune an ECU for any 3.5 Honda V6. Apparantly they usually need like a 5,000 unit target in order for the work to be profitable.

He did give me this company though as a resource. Apparantly they have been known to bring new products to the table.
http://www.aempower.com/default.asp

-Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rickpa75's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rickpa75 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #12
04SilverVue
Advanced Member

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RDLN
I had mentioned this company ( http://www.motorvationcorp.com/ )in a previous post . When I contacted them it seemed to me that if we got enough people to contact them they may make an ECU/ECM . This is a company that does custom ECU upgrades and will adjust the ECU to work with whatever engine mods you already have or are planning to install .
They don't have to make an ECU all they have to do is modify one little setting. Really easy if you have the software and know how.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 04SilverVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #13
04SilverVue
Advanced Member

2004 VUE 3.5L

Know no more stupidity. I just email these guys, http://www.kennedysdynotune.com/computerprogramming.htm It says on there site they can program ECU's to customers specs. I will let you know if I get anything of importance.

04SilverVue
DFW, Texas

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #14
cuzimaluzer77
cuzimaluzer77 is on a distinguished road

If we really want to get an ecu we should first decide on 1 company as a group. Then lobby together to show them that their is demand. This is gonna take YOU actually getting involved instaed of just setting there reading posts and being critical of others. An ecu upgrade will be the best modification that we could make (performance wise) and it is very appealing to me to get one. Does anyone have suggestions as to which company we should target first???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cuzimaluzer77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cuzimaluzer77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:23 PM   #15
SiriusVue
SiriusVue is on a distinguished road

Can anyone provide the part, model, production, system code for the computer? Many vehicles with the same engine may share a SIMILAR computer with some codes being the same.

I have a family member well known as a top reader/reprogrammer for the Buick GN. He knows tons of people in the industry of ECU reprogramming and they may be able to begin working on a new program.

From what I know, it's a process that will take months to figure out. He already owns all of the equipment needed to complete the job.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SiriusVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SiriusVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #16
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

You know how there are "Superchips" programmers to get more power out of your car, just by modifying the "computer?"

Is the ECU/ECM where these variables are kept that can increase performance when modified? Or is just the limiter in there for speed?

'99 Volvo S70 GLT
'07 Camry SE V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #17
SiriusVue
SiriusVue is on a distinguished road

Every aspect of how your Vue runs is kept in the ECU. What re-programers do is change the value of specific commands to enhance performance. Ie~ Max speed cut off = 103 mph, change 103 to 130 and the new cut off is 130 mph. Unfortunatly the program does not list commands like this. The commands must be decoded then changed and the new program must be uploaded or installed.

You can change just about ANY vehicle paramiters. A/F ratio, shift points, tourqe convert lock up, top speed...anything.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SiriusVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SiriusVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #18
jumpn
jumpn is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I hope we can get a computer program enhancement done. I had a Superchip in my F150. Average gains are usually about 10% of baseline horsepower, so we could hope for 25 additional ponies. The chip altered timing for premium fuel, raised shift points and increased the pressure in the tranny for faster shifts with less slip on the automatics. They have a new tuner out for F150's with many more parameters, such as changing the shift points for towing vs racing, fuel choices so you can run 87, 90, or 92+ octane fuel optimizing performance and mpg. I loved the way it changed my truck performance. Factory set up, it had a real sluggish shift from first to second. After the chip, it shifted much firmer, and held the gear longer if you had it to the floor, giving much better merging and passing power. I was sad that we don't have this option yet. Hopefully we can get something soon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jumpn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jumpn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:53 AM   #19
revue
Advanced Member
revue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusVue
Can anyone provide the part, model, production, system code for the computer? Many vehicles with the same engine may share a SIMILAR computer with some codes being the same.

I have a family member well known as a top reader/reprogrammer for the Buick GN. He knows tons of people in the industry of ECU reprogramming and they may be able to begin working on a new program.

From what I know, it's a process that will take months to figure out. He already owns all of the equipment needed to complete the job.
These are from my spare PCM that was in a early production FWD 3.5L 2004 Vue totaled in Ohio.

GM label: Dated 10/31, 12589791
Tiny bar code label: 25785142
Motorola label: 37280-RDM-A570, 4A57-006UN-4-570, 10163

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to revue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help revue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread