Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Red Line

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
SATRL
SATRL is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Question Registry

How many would like to start a registry? All those in favor raise your hands!
I don't know how to start one, but with the support of all you Redline owners we can get this done.
Peace!!
2004 Ion Redline in blue
2001 L 200 in silver
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
mytdawg
mytdawg is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
Default Re: Registry

I'm in. I got no idea how it works either and probably won't have a lot of time to put into it until our new Hospital comes on-line in the spring. I'll help if I can though.

I'd say someone will have to start a database of owners, VIN's, and build dates if known by the owner. We may be able to fill in some gaps if we got enough data. Someone that has a line to Saturn may want to ask around and see if there already is one or if they have any suggestions.

The other question is if we'd lump the Red Line Vue into it. That would probably make it more difficult to organize. I don't even know if they would be interested. Saturns do seem to appeal to a group of people thats bubble isn't quite centered though.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
CarNut
Advanced Member
CarNut is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

Web site is obviously the way to go. This site could host it, but many others have thier own domain name. For example the Reatta site is www.reatta.net. This would increase the likelyhood of Redline people finding it.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:47 AM   #4
SATRL

2004 ION Red Line
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I'm not too good at stuff like that, I can harvest information & get it to the right places, but setting up a web site is a little beyond me.
Peace!!
2004 Ion Redline in blue
2001 L 200 in silver
Old 01-17-2005, 02:55 AM   #5
Aeain
Advanced Member
Aeain is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

You might want to run it by ekool over at Red Line forums. He might be able to help.
Andrew
2004 ION Red Line
Old 01-17-2005, 06:06 AM   #6
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

I posted in the other thread about a registry, about what my idea is. I'm willing to help out, even though I don't own a Red Line (yet).
13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k
Old 01-17-2005, 06:16 AM   #7
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Happy Re: Registry

I should be able to modify the existing SaturnFans user database to create a registry of some sort. What type of variables would you like to capture? VIN, vehicle color, etc.?

If you go into the SaturnFans member list search page you can do a database search of all users who have selected an ION Red Line as either their primary or secondary vehicle. I don't think this is exactly what you are looking for, but I'd like to use it as a starting point. I'd like to eventually have a VUE Red Line registry, a Saturn SC registry, etc...

Charlie
2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)
Old 01-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #8
Barry
Barry is on a distinguished road

I'm concernd about posting our VIN's on the internet. What could someone do with that info ? Perhap's we each inform Saturn customer assistance by email of our intentions and send them our VIN's. I think if Charlie is willing to help, he could inform Jill of our registry and she would ok our request. We would advise Saturn of the day to expect the emails, that way that could build the list and notify each person via email. All subsequent inquiries after the list would be submitted to Saturn by the new owner's and thus added to the list. Just thinking out loud.
"I SEE Red Lines "
Old 01-17-2005, 10:40 AM   #9
mytdawg

2004 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
I'm concernd about posting our VIN's on the internet. What could someone do with that info ? Perhap's we each inform Saturn customer assistance by email of our intentions and send them our VIN's. I think if Charlie is willing to help, he could inform Jill of our registry and she would ok our request. We would advise Saturn of the day to expect the emails, that way that could build the list and notify each person via email. All subsequent inquiries after the list would be submitted to Saturn by the new owner's and thus added to the list. Just thinking out loud.
If Charlie is willing to set up the database, he can probably mask the numbers so all we see is the sequence number (the last 6 digits or whatever). We want a record of it but I don't know that we need it all posted. That would alleviate the public access concerns for me.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:19 AM   #10
SATRL

2004 ION Red Line
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

That's a good idea.
Peace!!
2004 Ion Redline in blue
2001 L 200 in silver
Old 01-17-2005, 02:10 PM   #11
mytdawg

2004 ION Red Line

I guess we could have Spazie start compiling the information. She (Spazie is a she, I hope?) could e-mail a couple of us copies. That way just in case somebody has a computer meltdown, there would be more than one copy.

When Charlie got a little closer to being able to roll that into his stuff we might be a little better prepared. I'm just throwing stuff out there, stop me anytime...

I've got the original paperwork, is there build information on any of the window stickers? I'll have to go through what I have.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:20 PM   #12
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Yes, I'm a she.

I was thinking along the lines of only using the last digits of the VIN, to keep it somewhat private. I'm not sure what all you can do with a VIN unless you have access to police/DMV records, to be honest. But better safe than sorry, as we all know. I can start putting together the database now, something fairly simple, and attatch it to the website I run. (www.redlineion.com) That way I can get submissions from other owners who aren't on this site yet, also.

After hearing and reading some stuff about the '05 Red Lines, I've determined I'll be getting my Red Line after the mid-year changes - depending on the financial situation, I may try and wait until end of year clearances and such, but I want a post-change one - I want fog lights!! So some time in the next year, I should be joining the leagues of the Red Line ION owners.

If you want to start sending me information for the registry, I'll get it started. Drop an email to *kat@redlineion.com - remove the * from the beginning of the address. Send me the last (6?) digits of your VIN, color, purchase date, and production date if you have it, as well as your location (city/state, or province for you Canadians).
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k
Old 01-18-2005, 10:56 AM   #13
mytdawg

2004 ION Red Line

Spazie - I'd recommend documenting the whole number for registry purposes. You don't have to publish the whole number but to keep it accurate you may want to document the whole number. I'll probably send you my information tomorrow. 14 hour day today -
Old 01-18-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytdawg
Spazie - I'd recommend documenting the whole number for registry purposes. You don't have to publish the whole number but to keep it accurate you may want to document the whole number. I'll probably send you my information tomorrow. 14 hour day today -
That sounds like a good idea. I'll keep the full VINs private, and only publish the last 6 digits. I'll let the full documentation be available to only Red Line owners.
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k
Old 02-01-2005, 12:28 AM   #15
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Okay, everyone, I finally got around to updating the Red Line ION site to include some information about the registry. Keep sending me emails, I've only gotten two people's information! I really would like to get this registry set up.

www.redlineion.com - main page
www.redlineion.com/registry.htm - registry specific page
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k
Old 02-01-2005, 10:58 AM   #16
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2
Attention Re: Registry

I realized there were a lot of people that posted in the "Official # of R.L.s sold" thread, but only posted tidbits of information (such as last 4 digits of VIN or purchase date). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me your information! (kat@redlineion.com) I'm filling it in as I get it, and there are lots of blank spaces. I have only 15 people entered so far, and of those 15, only TWO have complete entries. I know there are a lot of owners on this forum, so please send me the information!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k
Old 02-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #17
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Bump.

I also posted a thread about this over on redlineforums. Hopefully we'll get some more traffic over there. I've still only got a few people's information for this, I'm really hoping to have more!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k
Old 02-05-2005, 11:09 PM   #18
SaturnI0Nredlin
SaturnI0Nredlin is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line
2004 VUE 2.2L

After fighting with the Data Base and other problems I have got the Redline Registry up and running. You enter your information and that information will be displayed on a map. Which will soon be able to click on a flags on the map and see who it is and place pictures and info about your car. So far its looking really good if anyone would like to see something else on there let me know. Click here to Register your Saturn Ion Redline

http://www.saturnionredline.com/

Inappropriate signature deleted by administrator.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #19
Catshreds
Catshreds is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

SaturnIONRedlin & Spazie, I have sent my info to both of you. Thanks for all the hard work the two of you are putting in on this!
[COLOR=Blue]It's better to burn out, than to fade away!![/COLOR]
Old 02-06-2005, 12:05 AM   #20
nbuddle1974
nbuddle1974 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

I will agree with Catshreds you two have done a great job with this. I as well have sent my info to the both of you and hope I got the sequence number right this time
Closed Thread