SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 01:46 AM   #1
Mr Toad
Mr Toad is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
2001 SC2
Default Where is the rain leaking in my Saturn

Why did the floorboard on the passenger side of my Saturn SC2 get soaked after a rain? I checked the sunroof and found no water up there. I pulled the kick panel and checked the sunroof drain, its free and clean. The majority of the water seemed to be toward the back of the floorboard under the front of the seat. There is no water anywhere in the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mr Toad's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mr Toad reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2005, 01:54 AM   #2
amazinghl
Master Member
amazinghl is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Where is the rain leaking in my Saturn

There are FOUR sunroof drain holes. Make sure your headliner isn't wet anywhere, if it is, chances are the drain hose(s) is/are plugged.

On my SL2, the passenger rear hose is plugged and it made the METAL hole in the sunroof rusted off. It wetted my headliner and made my rear passenger seat looked like a lake. I unpluged the hose and got as much rust metal off as possible then use j/b weld to seal the hole and all the rest of the rust. I no longer have a headliner but at least the car isn't leaking anymore.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to amazinghl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help amazinghl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2005, 01:57 AM   #3
BlackBirdRacing
Advanced Member
BlackBirdRacing is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

It's most likely the sunroof drain.

There really isn't anywhere else it could come from.

Wash your car and look for wet spots...
take it to a car wash that does it automatically, and you can watch from inside.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlackBirdRacing's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlackBirdRacing reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2005, 02:10 AM   #4
JDub99SL2
Advanced Member
JDub99SL2 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
Why did the floorboard on the passenger side of my Saturn SC2 get soaked after a rain? I checked the sunroof and found no water up there. I pulled the kick panel and checked the sunroof drain, its free and clean. The majority of the water seemed to be toward the back of the floorboard under the front of the seat. There is no water anywhere in the car.
It takes 10 minutes to check the sunroof drains, if that's the problem. Just open the sunroof, pour a bit of water into the rails on the sidea od the sunroof module with the car jacked up either nose-down or nose-up (to check the front and rear drains). The water you pour into the rails will drain to the ground. If not, or the flow is real slow, it's clogged. If everything seems to be working ok, you may have a leak elsewhere. Also check to see if the metal frame of the sunroof glass itself is rusted anywhere.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JDub99SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JDub99SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
geartooth94
Master Member
geartooth94 will become famous soon enough

check the alignment of the door when it closes by slipping a dollar bill between the car frame and the door frame and close the door. If you can easily remove the bill with the door closed it's closing too loose.

Saturn charged me $35 to fix this. They just bend the top of the door frame in for a tighter fit. Solved my problem and I was having the same symptoms as you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to geartooth94's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help geartooth94 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #6
ajv411
ajv411 is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2
Wrench Re: Where is the rain leaking in my Saturn

Hello Everyone ,

Wolfman put up a post with pictures of where the saturns leak in from and it actually was a plastic molding from the top of the door that needed to be resealed I had the same problem with my 92 SL2 and wolfman's post helped me resolve the problem try doing a search for leak or sunroof and check wolfman's post it really helped me out.

[SIZE=7][FONT=Verdana]Angel [/FONT][COLOR=Black]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ajv411's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ajv411 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread