SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
Razorbak
Master Member
Razorbak is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
Default Nomination for Moderator of the "How To" Forum

I'd like to nominate Luke to moderate the "How To" forum, the technical library forum which is continually getting cluttered up with responses and questions that are not consistent with the intended structure of the forum. Luke is one of our most esteemed members, who drives a Saturn with over 400,000 miles on the origina engine, and he is already acting as moderator ex officio of the "How To" forum. Unfortunately, he is not nearly as productive right now as he could be if he had the power to move threads, clarify the forum title to eliminate confusion, and do other productive things like post the ECTS threads as stickies, since the ECTS replacement procedure is one of the most often recommended repairs referred to by old and new members alike.

Here's an example of Luke's recent ex-officio activities...

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...089#post527089

I say give him an official key.

Do I hear any seconds?

What do you think, Charlie?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Razorbak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Razorbak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Nomination for Moderator of the "How To" Forum

I really appreciate Luke's efforts -- and everyone else's work in the Tech Talk forums -- to help make the How-to Forum as helpful as possible. I am working on a plan to possibly open some moderator positions at SaturnFans in the near future. I've had some bad experiences with that sort of thing in the past, so I'm really leary of moving in that direction again.

Note, the How-to forum will be temporarily closing at the end of the month so that I can redesign its setup to take care of a number of your concerns. The Tech Talk forums will also be revamped based on feedback I've received as well.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #3
Razorbak
Master Member

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
I am working on a plan to possibly open some moderator positions at SaturnFans in the near future. I've had some bad experiences with that sort of thing in the past, so I'm really leary of moving in that direction again.
Thanks, Charlie. I'm convinced "Cool Hand" Luke would make a great moderator for you.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...856#post527856

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Razorbak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
Razorbak
Master Member

1996 SL2

He's definitely your man.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...376#post522376

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread