SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 11:24 PM   #1
jumpn
jumpn is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Wrench HELP, stereo wiring not working

I tried to install my alpine 9811 HU today, have it all mounted in the kit, wiring harness crimped together, all hooked up, but no power turning it on. My connections seem strong, the factory HU still works, so it's not a fuse. I will search for a wiring diagram to make sure that the harness I got is correct. It said it was for 2000-2002 Saturns, it fit into the factory harness, but no apparent juice. This was after dropping my 7mm socket into the console shifter linkage So I had to put the factory one back in so I have something to use in the meantime. That dial for the temperature is a hateful piece to work with too So much for a quick install today! If anyone has a link to the harness wiring pin details, I would appreciate it, Jumpn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jumpn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jumpn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2004, 11:44 PM   #2
jumpn

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: HELP, stereo wiring not working

OK, searching shows that my harness is probably incorrect So, back to searching town for the "correct" harness.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jumpn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-10-2004, 01:00 AM   #3
Campainger
Campainger is on a distinguished road

Here's the thing. If you are using the correct wiring harness there are two power leads on it. I had the same problem until I switched the power leads. Try hooking it up to the other power lead and see if that works.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Campainger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Campainger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-10-2004, 04:55 AM   #4
cohocarl
cohocarl is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

For a 2004 Vue, the wiring harness changed. The Metra number is 70-2102, and it's not on many on-line places to order. I got mine from e-mailing www.lafayetteradio.com, and it worked fine in my 2004.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cohocarl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cohocarl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-12-2004, 12:42 AM   #5
jumpn

2004 VUE 3.5L
Thumbs Up Re: HELP, stereo wiring not working

YEA, found the harness today!! I told myself that I would take me time, crimp and splice, but said to heck with that, black tape and away we go. Got my Alpine CDA 9811 installed and dash back together within half hour, much better than the other day. I visited 3 different stereo stores, finally calling the place I knew I should have gone to first. Still had the wrong harness connected to the HU, so I could compare harnesses to make sure I was getting the right one. Right away, anyone I talked to said the one I had was the right one. Finally, Metro Audio Dynamics in here in Omaha got me set up with the right harness. They had a laugh that the "METRA" kit actually has Delplhi imprinted on it. Anyway, it sounds pretty darn good with the factory speakers. Those speakers really just need some power to them. Stil have some fine tuning to do to find the right sound for me. I have a JL 300/4 amp that I was going to install, but I really may not use it. Anyway, I'm up and running. Thanks for the harness help to everyone on the board. Jumpn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread