SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 02:06 PM   #1
thewretched
thewretched is on a distinguished road

Dizzy URGENT: Help Needed!

i hate my life.

to make a long story short i'm in the process of replacing my radiator and the bolt on the end of the small metal tube on the lower left (drivers) side (ATF tube?) is totally rounded off. I cant get a grip on it with any tool i have, so im going to need to just break it off and get a new one. Does anyone know the part number, or where I can get the part (the whole tube or the end, or whatever), and can anyone explain to me how to disconnect the opposite end (which appears to go into the engine block) so I can run down to saturn, get the part, and replace it?

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thewretched's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thewretched reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #2
Gridlocked
Gridlocked is on a distinguished road

Have you tried the Craftsman Bolt out kit?

I have gotten some bolts out where I rounded the head off completely..

The bolts pictured below was that from an exhaust manifold that snapped off on me. I had to drill out the nut and slide it over the bolt. Weld the nut to the bolt and take it off with the Craftsman tool. The set cost 12.00 at Sears and if it wouldn't have worked, I would have had to take the block to a machine shop to get tapped out.

The tool is worth it's weight in gold.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gridlocked's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gridlocked reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
thewretched
thewretched is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help Grid.

I called up my local Saturn and my service manager was more than happy to tell me what the part was, and he set one aside for me.

I forgot how amazing and friendly my dealer is.

Thank you, Saturn of Rochester.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thewretched's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thewretched reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2004, 03:28 PM   #4
Luke
Master Member
Luke will become famous soon enough

1995 SL2

And thank you for alerting us of your special dealer ( Saturn of Rochester )

> 95 SL 2 = 653,369 Miles 40.4 MPG, as of 5/20/11. My manual Radiator Fan Switch, courtesy of Wolfman's patient installation guidance, continues to be.......invaluable < The car was retired

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Luke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Luke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #5
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like the trans cooler line. Common enough for them nuts on the line to rust and sieze up. To get it off of the trans squeeze the plastic clip together (into the line) and pull it out of the fitting. Lube the new one with a bit of trans fluid before installing into the trans.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread