SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 12:17 AM   #1
nicebluvue
nicebluvue is on a distinguished road

Happy The Saturn Vue is one nice SUV!

Just wanted to let yall know I still love my Vue and I don't have one bad thing to say about it. It gets great Gas mileage, Is good looking, has lots of power, is just the right size, nice interior, good off roader, etc, etc, etc. I can't imagine driving anything else unless it was a New Vue Redline. Later all. Happy Vueing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nicebluvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nicebluvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2004, 12:53 AM   #2
edwilson13185
Advanced Member
edwilson13185 is on a distinguished road

I'm not the biggest GM fan in the world these days, but it's certainly nice to see somebody that isn't preaching the doom of Saturn or just coming here to say how much he or she is disappointed with a Saturn vehicle. I realize that as a Saturn group, we're going to get a lot of complaints here, but it's nice to see somebody step up and say something nice about their car.

Glad you enjoy your VUE! May it provide you with years of good service!

Ed
2005 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4 5AT
http://community.webshots.com/user/edwilson13185

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to edwilson13185's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help edwilson13185 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 05:31 AM   #3
Blue Goose
Blue Goose is on a distinguished road

2 days and still loving mine 3 months and 7600 miles and my wife is loving her's

I just put my first tank of gas in my Vue...21.00 from 1/4 tank...That makes me smile on an SUV

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4x4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Blue Goose's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Blue Goose reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:31 AM   #4
04AWDV6VUE
04AWDV6VUE is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Someone finally praises their VUE. I love my VUE. I can't imagine driving any of the competitions' vehicles.

If I didn't buy from Saturn, I wouldn't buy any other GM brand.

'04 AWD 6 VUE (current)
'00 SC2 (former)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04AWDV6VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04AWDV6VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:54 AM   #5
Capt Bruce
Capt Bruce is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

After 28 plus years of buying mostly "foreign" cars for the quality and value received, the Vue brought me back into an American made vehicle because it seems to offer all the same perceived marks of quality. I'm loving mine every day and it's attracting a lot of attention among my friends and colleagues who had never really looked at a Saturn before.
Enjoy the Vue
Bruce

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Capt Bruce's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Capt Bruce reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:11 AM   #6
rickpa75
rickpa75 is on a distinguished road

Hey Goose, I just noticed looking through your photos that your dealer put his sticker on the back of the Vue!

First time I've seen that.....around here they onlt give you the license plate cover.

-Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rickpa75's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rickpa75 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:17 AM   #7
hoosiergirl
hoosiergirl is on a distinguished road

Default freaking me out

This website and some other car review sites are really freaking me out. I cannot believe all the bad reviews for 2003 vues. Are most of these complaints for the manual or the automatics? I have not had any major problems with my Vue. I love it, but reading all this stuff is worrying me that soon I won't. I bought my Saturn because I read how safe they are and long lasting, plus the great customer service. What's all this about the transmission?

The customer service I have had has been excellent. The people are great and I really like my Vue. I feel really bad for all these people who are having problems with the 2003's. I hope I haven't made a mistake!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hoosiergirl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hoosiergirl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:35 AM   #8
BlueDevil
Advanced Member
BlueDevil is on a distinguished road

well duh, tell us something we DON'T know..........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlueDevil's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlueDevil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:39 AM   #9
vue0404
vue0404 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: freaking me out

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosiergirl
This website and some other car review sites are really freaking me out. I cannot believe all the bad reviews for 2003 vues. Are most of these complaints for the manual or the automatics? I have not had any major problems with my Vue. I love it, but reading all this stuff is worrying me that soon I won't. I bought my Saturn because I read how safe they are and long lasting, plus the great customer service. What's all this about the transmission?

The customer service I have had has been excellent. The people are great and I really like my Vue. I feel really bad for all these people who are having problems with the 2003's. I hope I haven't made a mistake!
I felt the same as you when I first came to this forum. The biggest problem has ben with The Vti transmision in the 4cyl Vue. Don't worry you are not involved. Your Vue should give you years of reliable service. After you've been here a while you will learn who the chronic complainers are and will learn to ignore them, but they are entertaining. I have read those negative reviews on other car sites. Most are written by the same people, they just cut and paste. I think it's good to get everyone's opinion though. Most people here are helpful, and very happy with their Vues. I'm sure you will be to. Don't worry you bought a VERY safe and reliable vehicle with an excellent service policy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vue0404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vue0404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:46 AM   #10
robert_vue
Advanced Member
robert_vue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

A lot of states seem to do that, put their information on your car, but California doesn't seem to do it either, just the License Plate Frame. That's easily removed, but I'm not so sure the sticker, or whatever they attach on cars from other states is easily removed. Okay that was off subject.

Quote:
Originally posted by rickpa75
Hey Goose, I just noticed looking through your photos that your dealer put his sticker on the back of the Vue!

First time I've seen that.....around here they onlt give you the license plate cover.

-Rick

Robert R.
03 VUE: Oct 15, 2002 - Dec 5, 2004 R.I.P.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robert_vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robert_vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:51 AM   #11
Blue Goose

Quote:
Originally posted by rickpa75

-Rick
Yeah...my wife bought her Vue at the same dealership and no sticker on hers...could be because they located hers from another dealer though and didnt "rebadge it"

A lot of people hate dealer advertising on their cars, saying they don't want to advertise for free..I don't mind especially when I really like the dealer...heck I get 50.00 for every person who goes to Saturn under my recommendation and buys a car from my salesperson...as long as it is not those God-awful black plastic stick ons I don't mind...in fact I like the way it looks on the black...the frame will go once I get my real plates on there though

I've had 2 people at work already ask me about the Vue and that they have been looking for them for awhile. They wanted to know who I dealt with at Saturn of Nashua without even having to ask me where I got it.

Oh well...damn I'm on full out ramble today

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Blue Goose reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:02 AM   #12
BlueDevil
Advanced Member

Winner auto group here in Newark, De used to actually rivet emblems on their cars........ :o:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help BlueDevil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:33 AM   #13
BradJK
BradJK is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-2
2001 SL2

Our Vue just turned 1 year old and it has had a couple of minor things needed to be looked at and or replaced but I love it very much.....Until I drove the Redline last week

That V6 sure is infectious. Common theives, Take my Vue so I dont have to lose my shirt on a trade in. (and I wont have to try and convince my wife we need a new Vue)

Good by SL2, Hello???
Just waiting on the 5 door Astra

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BradJK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BradJK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:37 PM   #14
ketch
ketch is on a distinguished road

1 year old Vue, never been in the shop and no problems at all. Best vehicle I ever owned (10 new cars since 1980). A real keeper!

p.s. All you naysayers, esp. those freaking on the rollover news, go away, it is just irritating.

"GM-Cars With Character"- as opposed to those w/o, like Toyota!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ketch's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ketch reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:32 PM   #15
pd1601
pd1601 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
2001 SL1

I'm really enjoying our 04 FWD V6. In addition to all its performance attributes, I really like its clean, simple styling. The Equinox by comparison seems over fussy, with perhaps more design features that appear more American, maybe? I have not seen too many Noxes on the road yet, but those I see make me glad I chose the VUE.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pd1601's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pd1601 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #16
Ghostrider
Advanced Member
Ghostrider is on a distinguished road

Happy

If someone had told me three months ago that I would be driving a Saturn and loving it, I would have stared at them in disbelief. I've only got about 7000 miles on mine now, but I haven't had ANY problems, and I'm Very Happy with it. I guess that's a good thing since the nearest Saturn dealer is 3 hrs away.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ghostrider's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ghostrider reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2004, 05:36 AM   #17
Blue Goose

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghostrider
If someone had told me three months ago that I would be driving a Saturn and loving it, I would have stared at them in disbelief.

Same here brother...my life loves Saturn and for the life of me I could not figure out why as I was never really comfy in her SL1 and I'm not a big guy. (5'11 200lbs) The Vue changed all that..I was all set to buy an Impala but I found myself not quite ready to pull the trigger on it. I had to keep checking out the Vues and now look what has happened:o:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-29-2004, 05:46 AM   #18
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

Even though its been a tuff week news wise for the VUE (vti dropping,wheel issue) its the perfect vehicle for me size wise,looks wise(if you look carefully you will notice other suv owns eyeing her up) comfort wise,economy wise,price wise. Saturn has a winner here reguardless of the auto press being in love with suvs by Honda, Nissan,and Subaru.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:47 AM   #19
BlueDevil
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghostrider
If someone had told me three months ago that I would be driving a Saturn and loving it, I would have stared at them in disbelief. I've only got about 7000 miles on mine now, but I haven't had ANY problems, and I'm Very Happy with it. I guess that's a good thing since the nearest Saturn dealer is 3 hrs away.

i was the same way. all my friends said "you bought what?". at least until i took them for a ride.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #20
bortojo
bortojo is on a distinguished road

Happy Happy 2nd Birthday

July 24th marked 2 years since I took delivery of my VUE. Aside from a couple of minor annoyances there have been no problems.

I just wish I had known that the Honda engine was coming, I would have waited, otherwise no regrets.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bortojo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bortojo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread