SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2000, 09:12 PM   #1
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Default To Jill Lajdziak

>>Saturnís retail approach and sales, service and marketing team will remain intact," said Jill Lajdziak, vice president of Saturn SSM. "But we will share Saturnís experience with GM, and glean from our parent companyís centers of expertise in areas transparent to the customer." <<
With all due respect, Jill, I spend a lot of time watching and studying Saturn Corporation. There is very little that is transparent to me. If you look at customers and owners as people not being able to see and think for themselves, you are making a serious mistake. Just my opinion, but I'll bet a few others will share it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2000, 09:32 PM   #2
Saldana SC2 2K
Saldana SC2 2K will become famous soon enough

Ditto John.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saldana SC2 2K's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saldana SC2 2K reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2000, 04:43 AM   #3
dmtsl2
dmtsl2 is on a distinguished road

Yep.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmtsl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmtsl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2000, 07:15 AM   #4
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member
ClapDaddy will become famous soon enough

John5,

I guess you know that "I" agree with you! Saturn keeps pushing the "bar" further and further.

IMO Saturn should re-read its "Mission Statement".

"Market vehicles DEVELOPED and MANUFACTURED in the United States that are world leaders in quality, cost and customer enthusiasm through the integration of people, technology and business systems and to exchange knowledge, technology and experience throughout General Motors."

Decisions IMO the last couple of years, keep moving Saturn not only from its Mission but from its core customers.

BUT remember, one way to get customer input is to make public statements and see what the fall-out is. This was donw back when Saturn FIRST announced the "Epsilon". It was to have "steel" panels. They quickly changed their mine saying the "customer" had spoken. Well, the "Epsilon" still in the end came out with "steel-panels" in the rear panels. BUT I feel that they listened to some extent as the steel panels wer eonly on the rear. It is still obvious that the "Epsilon" is not being received well. They only sold 8,255 of them in March, even with the incentives.

If people feel strong about any of these issues, they should call AND write to Saturn. I think that Saturn STILL is a great company but is making some bad decisions. WE are the cusotmers and if we really believe in Saturn then WE must let them know. This forum is one way. BUT a letter to Cynthia is another. BUT please don't just write and complain, offer some solutions. ANYONE can gripe but those that really care, can and will offer options.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ClapDaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-18-2004, 11:58 AM   #5
MoparNut
Advanced Member
MoparNut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by ClapDaddy

Decisions IMO the last couple of years, keep moving Saturn not only from its Mission but from its core customers.

If people feel strong about any of these issues, they should call AND write to Saturn. I think that Saturn STILL is a great company but is making some bad decisions. WE are the cusotmers and if we really believe in Saturn then WE must let them know. This forum is one way. BUT a letter to Cynthia is another. BUT please don't just write and complain, offer some solutions. ANYONE can gripe but those that really care, can and will offer options.

Al
Even more true today...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MoparNut's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MoparNut reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-18-2004, 03:57 PM   #6
saturnfreak01
saturnfreak01 is on a distinguished road

"""Decisions IMO over the last couple of years keep moving Saturn further away not only from its Mission but from its core customers."""

I agree!!! I communicated this very fact to Saturn and General Motors with my most recent automobile purchase, and cancelled my GM credit card.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnfreak01's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnfreak01 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:42 AM   #7
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

send a real letter to Saturn. I did back in 1992 after owning my 92 SC for a while. they actually read it and sent me a hat! woo hoo.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #8
dschrader
Advanced Member
dschrader is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Let's bear in mind folks, we're talking about a company that has only turned a profit once in its 13-14 yr. existance. If it weren't for the deep pockets of GM we probably wouldn't be here talking about our L-Cars and our VUEs.

Yeah some things that's happening are different and may take some adjusting, but at least we're still around, not to mention four new models in the next two model years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dschrader's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dschrader reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:27 AM   #9
mikthehickNC
mikthehickNC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SL1

wow this is an old thread!

2005 Mazda6 Hatch

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikthehickNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikthehickNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-20-2004, 02:35 AM   #10
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Unfortunately the Saturn Mission Statement has been tossed into the incinerator along with the one price policy, no hassle no haggle, unique ground breaking union contract agreement and nearly everything else that made Saturn unique. It is a good thing that the product variety has increased, it is sad what was given up for that to happen.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-22-2004, 05:54 PM   #11
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally posted by mikthehickNC
wow this is an old thread!
It certainly is an old thread but all the discussions about Saturn in the time that passed proved my point to Jill that the changes were not transparent to the customers.....at least not to the customers that use these messagae boards.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-26-2004, 03:25 PM   #12
TheSaturnKid
Master Member
TheSaturnKid is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

BAck from the dead!

Rise dead threads arise!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TheSaturnKid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TheSaturnKid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:41 AM   #13
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by ClapDaddy
John5,

I guess you know that "I" agree with you! Saturn keeps pushing the "bar" further and further.

"Market vehicles DEVELOPED and MANUFACTURED in the United States that are world leaders in quality, cost and customer enthusiasm through the integration of people, technology and business systems and to exchange knowledge, technology and experience throughout General Motors."

BUT remember, one way to get customer input is to make public statements and see what the fall-out is. This was donw back when Saturn FIRST announced the "Epsilon". It was to have "steel" panels. They quickly changed their mine saying the "customer" had spoken. Well, the "Epsilon" still in the end came out with "steel-panels" in the rear panels. BUT I feel that they listened to some extent as the steel panels wer eonly on the rear. It is still obvious that the "Epsilon" is not being received well. They only sold 8,255 of them in March, even with the incentives.

Al
do you mean the L? the L isn't epsilon.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:25 PM   #14
atomicshark
atomicshark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by cdp326
do you mean the L? the L isn't epsilon.
The "L" replacement will be based on the Epsilon platform. I think it is supposed to be called Signal.
I am not too sure about that name.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atomicshark's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atomicshark reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread