SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
protonixo
protonixo is on a distinguished road

Default 2005 saturn vue preview

from the story on the main page...

http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Futur...npreview.shtml

2005 VUE

Bright work added to exterior of V6 models, including chrome headlight bezels, door handles, and door sills
Body-colored mirrors on V6 models
New seat material on 4-cylinder models
New 16" wheels
Available DVD entertainment system
New sun visors with extensions
Three new exterior colors: teal and two new blues

ooooh...3 new colors....sad to see there's no 2.4L ecotec engine though...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to protonixo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help protonixo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2004, 02:21 PM   #2
04SilverVue
Advanced Member
04SilverVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

2005 VUE

Bright work added to exterior of V6 models, including chrome headlight bezels, door handles, and door sills
Body-colored mirrors on V6 models
New seat material on 4-cylinder models
New 16" wheels
Available DVD entertainment system
New sun visors with extensions
Three new exterior colors: teal and two new blues

The DVD entertainment system was an option on my 2004...

04SilverVue
DFW, Texas

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04SilverVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04SilverVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 02:40 PM   #3
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Red Lines already have body-colored mirrors. :-P

I think I'll have to order me a pair of the new sun visors with extensions. I hate that they are so short! I wonder if they will have lighted vanity mirrors too, that would be *really* nice.

Wtf does "bright work added to exterior" mean? Chrome accents? Might have to get me summadat too if it looks cool. I'll have a 2004.5 model before too long!

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 02:47 PM   #4
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Lighted Vanity mirros are not new in Saturn, most L-series cars have them already.

Just weird why they never made to the VUE at the first place as they are in the similar price range.

Btw, L cars also have 'Lighted' Glove box too...VUE still doesn't yet, geez!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
sspeer
sspeer is on a distinguished road

What's with having 3 blues added? Will the current Blue go away? How about Storm Grey!!!

Why did the ION go to a 4 speed auto? Seems like a step backwards..guess the 5 speed can't handle the extra power.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sspeer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sspeer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 04:58 PM   #6
BradJK
BradJK is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-2
2001 SL2

Chrome headlight bezels????? Like Jeep wranglers or GMC Sierra's? I cant picture it.

Good by SL2, Hello???
Just waiting on the 5 door Astra

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BradJK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BradJK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 08:13 PM   #7
ChrisION
ChrisION is on a distinguished road

I can't wait to see the three new blue's I'd also like to see what this chrome trim around the headlights is going to look like. I can't picture this either

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChrisION's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChrisION reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 08:27 PM   #8
jmatero
Advanced Member
jmatero is on a distinguished road

there are two scenarios that could explain the Chrome around the headlamps:

1. A new front facia with new headlamp design (as there ARE no bezels on the current model.

2. Something like this: http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...cat/551/page/1

3. Or something like this: http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...cat/550/page/2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmatero's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmatero reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:06 PM   #9
TXVue04
Advanced Member
TXVue04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Qlara
Lighted Vanity mirros are not new in Saturn, most L-series cars have them already.

Just weird why they never made to the VUE at the first place as they are in the similar price range.

Btw, L cars also have 'Lighted' Glove box too...VUE still doesn't yet, geez!
I think I know why not, but its just a guess. Those map lights are HUGE, they have to be the biggest and brightest map lights I have ever seen in my life! :o: I think they figured that those bright watters was enough to light the city of Detroit, why in the world would they need to add vanity mirror lights too?

They may have been right, I used mine one night to look in my vanity mirror, and sure enough I had no problem seeing... mind you I couldn't see at all for the next two minutes because the map lights blinded me.. but hey, who's complaining.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXVue04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXVue04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:09 PM   #10
TXVue04
Advanced Member

BTW... Teal is one of my favorite colors... why didn't they do that color this year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help TXVue04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:28 PM   #11
04AWDV6VUE
04AWDV6VUE is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

The changes that are occuring to the VUE are all things that could be applied to older VUEs rather easily. i.e. painted mirrors, and chrome accents. Do you think that they will paint the handle on the liftgate and plastic bar over the liscense plate, similar to the Redline VUE's.

'04 AWD V6 VUE - For Sale!
'00 SC2 (Former)

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=845871#post845871

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04AWDV6VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04AWDV6VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #12
illtown
illtown is on a distinguished road

the chrome around the headlamps is similar to the 2nd pic, I believe.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to illtown's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help illtown reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:42 PM   #13
TXVue04
Advanced Member

I bet that teal in the 2nd pic is the color too... if so I will just run over myself with my VUE... I LOOOOOOOOVE that color!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-18-2004, 08:13 AM   #14
mrwag
mrwag is on a distinguished road

I hope the roof rack from the "Outdoor" VUE makes it to production. I feel the current setup is definately lacking.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrwag's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrwag reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:21 AM   #15
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally posted by 04SilverVue
The DVD entertainment system was an option on my 2004...
Yes, it was technically. However, it got pushed back and pushed back until it was no longer avaialble this year.

We can only hope it WILL be built this year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #16
KoolVue
Advanced Member
KoolVue is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2002 VUE 3.0L

I love the rims on the teal blue. They would look so good with my Raised White Letter Tires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KoolVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KoolVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:29 PM   #17
MtnVUEShadow
MtnVUEShadow is on a distinguished road

I actually took a picture of a VUE from the front and put chrome bezels around the headlights and it didn't look very good. Partly becasue I did it so fast, but also it just didn't look right. Hopefully they won't do it the way I did.

I would like to smooth out the tailgate "eyebrow" and plate it in chrome, leaving the "SATURN" in black. I'm not quite sure how to do this without it looking like a 2 year old did it. I suppose a little practice on some scrap plastic or something would help.

I too am planning on ordering the sunvisors with the extensions. One reason is that the current ones are just too dang little and there are a number of spots that the sun usually comes through that the visor just doesn't block. The other reason is to get rid of the flop-down problem. Hopefully the new visors have the same 2 screw configuration as the current ones.

As far as the new Blue's go....maybe one of them will be a very very very DARK blue, like black/blue type. That would look beautiful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MtnVUEShadow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MtnVUEShadow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-19-2004, 12:02 AM   #18
TXVue04
Advanced Member

yeah, midnight blue.. I like that too... hmmm I might paint my VUE in a few years when I see some of these new blues

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-19-2004, 12:03 AM   #19
silvervoo
silvervoo is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally posted by KoolVue
I love the rims on the teal blue. They would look so good with my Raised White Letter Tires.
In general I like those rims too, but they're almost too aggressive looking for a vue, IMHO. Especially with BFG Radial all-terrains on them... she's just not that kind of girl.

●● If it doesn't have a clutch, I'm not interested ●● Vive la bote manuelle ●●

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silvervoo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silvervoo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:23 AM   #20
KJB
Advanced Member
KJB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by MtnVUEShadow
I too am planning on ordering the sunvisors with the extensions. One reason is that the current ones are just too dang little and there are a number of spots that the sun usually comes through that the visor just doesn't block. The other reason is to get rid of the flop-down problem. Hopefully the new visors have the same 2 screw configuration as the current ones.
My wife and I joke about the current sunvisors on our Vue. We actually gave up on trying to use them for blocking the sun from the sides because no matter where thew sun is....it's never in the right spot for the sunvisors to block! I wonder how much the new visors will cost? I too would like to buy them and install them in my Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KJB's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KJB reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread