SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:45 PM   #1
josh'svue
josh'svue is on a distinguished road

Default Gold "Saturn" Lettering above Licsence Plate

Hi, I was at the dealership a couple of days ago getting my 03 VUE its 9000 mile check up. While I was waiting I took a look at the 04's and i really liked the metal stickers in the black saturn thing above the license plate, I asked the parts guy about getting a set of them for mine and he said he could try and order me a set but he did not know how much they would cost me. I was just wondering if you guys have any info on this product? If so let me know! Thanks!

Josh C.
2003 Silver VUE AWD4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to josh'svue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help josh'svue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2004, 10:47 PM   #2
josh'svue

OOPS! I meant Metalic like the VUE and AWD logos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help josh'svue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2004, 10:51 PM   #3
Archer
Archer is on a distinguished road

He just cant get the lettering, from what I understand it comes part and parcel with the plate light dome. Try E-bay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33643

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Archer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Archer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
MtnVUEShadow
MtnVUEShadow is on a distinguished road

You have to buy the entire "Eyebrow." The cost is about $90 and is very easy to install.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MtnVUEShadow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MtnVUEShadow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2004, 11:49 PM   #5
josh'svue

I ordered the domed decals off of ebay for 44.95

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-27-2004, 02:10 AM   #6
Ryster
Ryster is on a distinguished road

We purchased the letters off of eBay as well for our '03 and they look great. I put a photo in my gallery if you want to see what they look like.

Last edited by Ryster; 04-27-2004 at 02:17 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ryster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ryster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2004, 05:28 PM   #7
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm.....mine came with it. i wonder if only certain VUEs came with this lettering......it was the only part of the decals (if it was even part of the pinstripe package) that i left on and good thing i did.

-sXe for life-

Former Saturn owner but still a Saturn Fan~!

2010 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to binkybaby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help binkybaby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2004, 05:32 PM   #8
josh'svue

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryster
We purchased the letters off of eBay as well for our '03 and they look great. I put a photo in my gallery if you want to see what they look like.
i wonder if those are the same ones im getting? who on ebay did you buy them from and how much did they cost you?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-27-2004, 07:57 PM   #9
illtown
illtown is on a distinguished road

right now, only the 6cyls have the chrome lettering in the eyebrow. not the rl 6.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to illtown's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help illtown reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2004, 03:56 AM   #10
cohocarl
cohocarl is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

I've spent alot of the last couple years on www.genvibe.com, and many members there have purchased reflective vinyl overlays for the badges and "pontiac" inlays for the liftgate similar to the Vue's from www.grafxwerks.com . Everyone has been very happy with the quality of the graphics and I have seen them in person and they look great. Prices are reasonable also.

I see on their website, they make some overlays for the Saturn ION, but none for the Vue. I know they are very good with making custom or new products for those who e-mail them, but I am running late for work right now. I'll e-mail them later tonight to see if they make or can make inserts for the "Saturn" in the liftgate on the Vue.

http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/shop.php?part=SION1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cohocarl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cohocarl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:49 AM   #11
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

eBAY , Bumperfx.com. I see that saturnparts.net has some in different colors and they are cheap but may be just tape. I put the chrome letters on my 2003. While your at it get the Chrome piece for the front bumper for Saturn. Costs about the same as the lettering and snaps on. My gallery has the lettering for the rear hatch and side cladding from bumperfx.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2004, 09:04 AM   #12
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally posted by binkybaby
Hmmmm.....mine came with it. i wonder if only certain VUEs came with this lettering......it was the only part of the decals (if it was even part of the pinstripe package) that i left on and good thing i did.
Your dealer installed it then. No VUEs before 2004 had anything from the factory as a filler, and then the 2004 V6's get it.
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2004, 12:16 PM   #13
Ryster
Ryster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by josh'svue
i wonder if those are the same ones im getting? who on ebay did you buy them from and how much did they cost you?
bumperfx.com.

I forget the exact price, but they were about $40 or so with shipping.

The letters are vinyl with a silver/chrome finish. The whole set gives you the letters pre-cut to fit the recesses on the trunk lid, installation instructions, and a tube of 3M surface prep (it is a clear brush-on liquid that you apply in the recesses first). The letters themselves have 3M adhesive backing. After you prep the surface, you just peel the backing off of the letters and stick them on. Very easy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ryster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ryster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread