SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
Beth
Beth is on a distinguished road

Default Heard the "buyback" rumor yet?

I heard from a very reliable source that it was leaked (slightly I should add) that GM could be offering a "buyback" option for customers with repeated documented 2003 VUE's with the VTi transmission.

For those that have problems, would you go for this? Do you think it's a fair solution?

I have also heard that the dealership I deal with has already bought back a customers 2003 VUE and replaced it with a 2004 VUE.

With the problems I have been having I'd almost be afraid to "settle" just in case something went wrong with the '04.

I really miss driving my VUE though and I want it back!!

On another note, again I appreciate all the advice on the thread I posted a few days ago. I have written a letter to GM Canada and copied it to Saturn in Spring Hill as well as the manager at my dealership.

I wasn't nasty in the letter, but I did outline the safety issues and "The Saturn Promise" and stated that I trust they will help me find a way to resolve my problems and failing that I will file a safety related defect report with Transport Canada.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Beth's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Beth reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
tominsky
Advanced Member
tominsky is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Where did you hear this? I am also in Canada (Montreal) and have had problems with my VTi. I would give it up in a second if they would buy it back!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tominsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tominsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2004, 10:31 AM   #3
bk63
bk63 is on a distinguished road

I wonder what the criteria would have to be for a buyback? I've had 3 transmission repairs in less than a year. I'll bet it has to be a lot of problems before they would actually buy it back. I do think I would swap in the 03 for an 04 manual though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bk63's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bk63 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2004, 12:39 PM   #4
Badluckvue
Badluckvue is on a distinguished road

Last week I spoke to the area manager are told him I do not want my 03 4-cyld AWD drive anymore as its has spent far too much time in the shop. I specifically requested they repurchase the vehicle. After review the area manager told me I do qualify - I assumed he was refering to the lemon laws.
What he did do was call the dealer and ask him to attempt to work a good deal on a trade in value if I were to purchase a new Vue. They also stated they would provide a 5 year extended warranty or the 3-year car care plan at no cost if I purchased a new vehicle. I was looking at going to the AWD V6 to get away from the VTi. I was still going to be stuck with about $2000 in negative equity. What does that have to say about the resale value! At this point I really dont think it is worth starting 5-years of payments all over again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Badluckvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Badluckvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:00 PM   #5
CaliLime
CaliLime is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Saturn is still offerring $2,000 toward the down payment. You might just break even.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CaliLime's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CaliLime reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:07 PM   #6
hammer
hammer is on a distinguished road

I don't trust the Vti. at all.I don't think saturn will offer me a straight exchange for the v-6.I guess I am stuck with my "rumbling"Awd Vti.2003.I recently called saturn to talk to regional service rep.Customer service said they would have him call me .He hasn't yet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hammer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hammer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:12 PM   #7
cuda2004
cuda2004 is on a distinguished road

I think the $2000 is for 03's I know they are offering $500 and 0% financing around here in IL. Good luck!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cuda2004's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cuda2004 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:40 PM   #8
Vue doo
Vue doo is on a distinguished road

The $2000 is for the 2004's as well. My father in law just bought a 2004 onyx black Vue and got $2000 off with 0% financing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue doo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue doo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2004, 04:17 PM   #9
bk63
bk63 is on a distinguished road

I would gladly trade my 03 VTI AWD for an 04 FWD same 4 cylinder in a manual instead. I like the vehicle, just don't like the problem VTI.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bk63's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bk63 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2004, 04:21 PM   #10
slowneo
slowneo is on a distinguished road

was that with a gm supplier/employee or credit card discount

or just flat out $2000 rebate plus zero finacing for 5 years?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slowneo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slowneo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-19-2004, 01:22 PM   #11
txaginid
txaginid is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I was told it was either/or on the 0% or $2,000.

Bought mine earilaer this month.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to txaginid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help txaginid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #12
CaliLime
CaliLime is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally posted by txaginid

I was told it was either/or on the 0% or $2,000.
I was told the same thing. But if you can get both then more power to you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CaliLime's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CaliLime reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #13
UCSBJONES
UCSBJONES is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up They Should

I recall them doing this when they SL series first came out. They had some bad coolant and didn't know. SO, they created a buyback or trade in plan. It's intheir DNA -- let's hope they do it.

Tom

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to UCSBJONES's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help UCSBJONES reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-19-2004, 05:44 PM   #14
pd1601
pd1601 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
2001 SL1

I hope the do a buyback. I would jump at the chance. However, I suspect it will depend on if Saturn actually view there to be a problem with your vehicle, as to whether or not they offer the choice to you.

Saturn CAC have told me that grinding from the VTi is perfectly normal, and therefore they are under no obligation to repair my car. I doubt this qualifies me for buyback.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pd1601's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pd1601 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:03 PM   #15
93green2c2
93green2c2 is on a distinguished road

i would dump mine in a second if a buy back is offered.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 93green2c2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 93green2c2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:57 PM   #16
andyr13
Advanced Member
andyr13 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
1995 SC2

With the problems we have had I would gladly give up our VUE. I just really doubt Saturn/GM will allow this to happen. I have seen ads for a '04 V6 VUE for only $18k (with more options than I have now), with the $2,000 rebate its only $16,000. I wonder what they would offer for a trade in on current VUE owners? I would be happy if a even trade was worked out somehow. My last visit to the dealer I asked what they would give me for a trade and they wouldn't answer me???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to andyr13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help andyr13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-23-2004, 07:35 AM   #17
Vue doo
Vue doo is on a distinguished road

"I was told it was either/or on the 0% or $2,000."

Actually, the $2000 plus 0% included a supplier discount. My bad.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue doo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue doo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:14 AM   #18
rtaylor
rtaylor is on a distinguished road

Default New Vue

I got a brochure in the mail that offers 110% trade in value and 5 ears @ 0 % financing. I traded for a new 2004 VUE on Saturday. I did have a 2002 Fire Engine Red Vue, and now I have a 2004 Chili Pepper Red Vue with sunfroof. I got a wonderful trade. Same car note, but new car.

We had terrible rain on Saturday night. My Vue was parked in my parking space at my condo complex and the drain was clogged with all the rain in a little amount of time (10-15 minutes). My Vue was flooded. The water was just staning in my front and rear floor. I had to claaim it on my insurance. I wanted it dried out and checked out to make sure there was no water damage to the engine or electrical system. I am just sick. I am drivng a Pontiac Vibe, and I don't really like it. I miss my VUE. I hope to get it back within two days.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rtaylor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rtaylor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:42 PM   #19
HfxVue
HfxVue is on a distinguished road

Very sorry to hear about your Vue. Hope you get it back soon!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HfxVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HfxVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2004, 02:59 PM   #20
freeheel
freeheel is on a distinguished road

From where did you get the mailing with 110% trade in plus the financing?

Local dealership or Saturn corp?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to freeheel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help freeheel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread