SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2000, 02:41 PM   #1
dmtsl2
dmtsl2 is on a distinguished road

Default April Sales Figures are Up

While Saturn sllipped a bit in the Problem Impact Measure (PIM) figures, sales for April were up: 24,997 (April '00) vs. 20,096 (April '99), which I think they said was a 29.4% increase. For the calendar period January - April 2000, sales were 88,857 vs. 70,654 for the same period in 1999 (25.8%?). Not tremendous, but at least they seem to be going in the right direction.

Despite the slippage in the PIM figures (4 pts.), Saturn did better than the Focus. Considering all the hoopla surrounding the L-Series, not too shabby - all things considered. Cadillac on the other hand went waaaay south (Ouch!).

Always take your good news where you can.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmtsl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmtsl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2000, 04:15 PM   #2
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

These figures confirm my subjective feelings from seeing many 2000 S series and an increasing amount of L series cars on the road daily. I am really surprised by the number of LW's I have seen in the past month.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2000, 07:38 PM   #3
dmtsl2

You and me both. For the longest while there, I rarely saw a L-Series on the road at all, let alone a LW. Lately, I believe I've been seeing more L-Series than 2000 SLs. Even though in this country it's a first year vehicle, I'm still surprised at the Focus' PIM rate. Just imagine what Saturn's sales could have been with a larger advertising budget and better ads. There's no reason they couldn't feature all of their models in at least one ad and while they're at it show that there's more to the 2001 SC's features beyond that third door.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dmtsl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-03-2000, 04:42 AM   #4
Jeff

Cadillac sales down? I thought I read that sales of the new Deville were up %50 over the old model, and that dealers were being told what they'd be getting 6 months in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jeff's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jeff reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 05-03-2000, 04:50 AM   #5
dmtsl2

Not sales-wise. I think it was their PIM figures related to owner complaints. I found the info yesterday after doing a Reuters search using "Saturn" as the keyword while trying to find out anything regarding the Trudell rumors from last week.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-03-2000, 05:11 AM   #6
dmtsl2

I double-checked. According to Automotive Wire, the PIM figures consider not only the percent reporting defects, but how severe the defect was and wheter it was repaired properly and promptly. In trying to get a measure of new buyer satisfaction, it also takes into consideration owners' expectations which as they point out varies across brands. Saturn's slippage of 4 pts. could be attributed to owners' high expectations based on its reputation.

The Cadillac Eldorado was hit hardest of all with 59% reporting defects, 29% impacted. While the Saturn LS at 18% fell in the worse than average PIM score group, it did better than the Focus, which had 23% impacted. The Cadillac DeVille had a 17% impact figure.

They base their Problem Impact Figure on responses of more than 41,000 new vehicle buyers who purchased during October and November 1999 and had their vehicles at least 90 days. Overall, Cadillac had the worst PIM score of any luxury brand and, along with Buick, the largest increase in reported defects from the same period in the prior year. With the exception of the new Infiniti I30, which did very well, they noted that most of those whose scores worsened had new models which can and do often have start up problems. We already knew about the Saturn LS problems upon launching the model.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-04-2000, 09:48 PM   #7
silverplum
silverplum is on a distinguished road

I saw my first LW on the road today other than my LW1 which I purchased in December. I did see a gold LW parked a few cars away from mine about two months ago at our local YMCA.

Earlier this week a co worker drove in with a LS the same colour as mine. I hope the Saturn L Series sales take off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverplum's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverplum reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread