SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Saturn Offer Heads-Up Display as an Option on all Models?
Yes 64 65.31%
No 34 34.69%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 02:41 AM   #21
TommyH
TommyH is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Default Re: Re: Should Saturn Offer a Heads-Up Display Option?

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueVette
ABSOLUTELY!!! The Heads Up Display is a wonderful thing. I use it 100% of the time in my Corvette. It is a major safety advantage because you don't have to take your eyes off the road. It is easy to see, adjustable positioning, your eye focus as though it is projected "out onto the road" and you can see right through it and it never gets "dirty" because it is on the inside of the glass. There is no downside to a HUD but there are SO MANY advantages to it. Yes. It NEEDS to be an option. PERIOD.

Oh, and btw, it does NOT distract 'at night' or any other time.
DITO!
(With the exception that I've never driven a 'vette, nor do either of my current vehicles have HUD.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TommyH's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TommyH reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2004, 09:09 AM   #22
swoker183
swoker183 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

no, i dont think its needed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swoker183's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swoker183 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:00 PM   #23
Dr. Bob
Master Member
Dr. Bob is on a distinguished road

No. An expensive gimmick not worthy of the expense of development for Saturn's demographic.

Put it in the luxury and high performance vehicles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dr. Bob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dr. Bob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-18-2004, 10:10 PM   #24
HiWire
HiWire has a spectacular aura aboutHiWire has a spectacular aura aboutHiWire has a spectacular aura about

2001 SC2

Not worth the money. Daily driving doesn't require the additional info that a HUD offers; it's just a duplication of info a few inches down. Now, if I had a radar target lock (for "unfriendlies") and an GPS navigator aide...

Modified SC2

Take it to the track

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HiWire's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HiWire reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2004, 03:54 PM   #25
BlueVette
BlueVette is on a distinguished road

Well, I believe the question is should it be an OPTION.. and I think yes it should. Again, simple technology.. should dependably, shouldn't be THAT expensive, and sure is a great thing to have. But, again, the key phase is OPTION. If a person wants to spend a little extra $ for something as wonderful as a HUD, then they should have the OPTION to do so. I know I'd do it. I'm VERY spoiled to my HUD in my other car and I WISH I had the option to have it in my Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlueVette's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlueVette reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-21-2004, 06:44 PM   #26
RedLineGuy
RedLineGuy is on a distinguished road

The problem with making it an option is that also increases production costs for all the vehicles made, not just the ones that have that option. That's why the new 4-cylinder L300 is so cheap, they eliminated all options on the vehicle to streamline production. If you start adding every little option that anybody could ever want then soon saturns are going to be $60k cars, and that's not what saturn is. There will be a time and place for HUD in saturns, but only when it becomes more mainstream. I think that saturn understands the role that they play in the GM family, and they know that offering an HUD would be stepping out of that role. Saturn makes cars that have "Real value for the dollar" and for the average joe, $300 for an HUD isn't a good value.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedLineGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedLineGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2004, 08:41 PM   #27
GIR
GIR is on a distinguished road

1994 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2005 ION Red Line

that would be cool. i hope they do.

Look! It's my favorite show -no, wait, this is my favorite show! Hey look, it's my favorite Show!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GIR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GIR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-13-2004, 08:22 PM   #28
matt2791
matt2791 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

That would be something to behold- but I'd like the ability to turn it off at will so I can concentrate in sticky traffic situations.

Last edited by matt2791; 07-13-2004 at 08:28 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to matt2791's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help matt2791 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-29-2004, 02:06 PM   #29
eric02SC2
Advanced Member
eric02SC2 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Should Saturn Offer a Heads-Up Display Option?

So long as it comes with an 'off' switch, I think that it would be a great feature :-)

Eric & Genieve
http://www.GEMS-Family.net
http://www.GEMS-Family.net/WeightLoss

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eric02SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eric02SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2004, 02:22 PM   #30
TBone1082
Advanced Member
TBone1082 will become famous soon enough

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Perhaps it would mesh well with the new Sky? I would love the idea of it on the more performance oriented Saturns.....say, the Redline's and such. Like Charlie said tho, it should be an OPTION. I'd gladly shell out a few extra bucks for one.

STC-NY

Sales Consultant @ Saturn of Medford

Number 4 in line for a 2007 Sky Redline!
Black w/Black leather, Tan Inserts
LSD, Single CD Monsoon System, and Spoiler.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TBone1082's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TBone1082 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #31
SKOLREST
SKOLREST is on a distinguished road

GM tried it in the Caddillacs I believe with little sucess. I personally feel it raises the price of the vehicle and provides nothing but a distraction.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SKOLREST's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SKOLREST reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2004, 05:55 PM   #32
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOLREST
GM tried it in the Caddillacs I believe with little sucess. I personally feel it raises the price of the vehicle and provides nothing but a distraction.
the HUD was introduced on the 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo and spread to more models of Grand Prix and Bonneville.

perhaps you mean the Night Vision? that they tried on the DeVille and they are canceling the NV soon.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:14 PM   #33
IndyVUE
IndyVUE is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2003 VUE 3.0L

Absoutely! If the new Saturn direction is to move the line more upscale, this would draw attention. It is the one option that would make me consider trading my loaded ION QC3. Some Saturn owners are definitely NOT entry level buyers, do not ignore the draw of technology. (Remember those who said, I don't need a computer, it's a fad.....)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IndyVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IndyVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:15 PM   #34
ChgoBlues
ChgoBlues is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Should it be offered? I would say ONLY on top off line models if at all. Most Saturn owners are sticker shocked lately with some of the new products and repair cost. For instance, tires for a RedLine VUE, $389 per tire. We replaced one under the Sonsio Warranty now offered. Most of Saturns customers are slow to accept the higher costs of options, XM, OnStar already. Funny thing is we've installed a lot of aftermarket leather and DVD units.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChgoBlues's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChgoBlues reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2005, 06:57 AM   #35
2001L300
2001L300 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Sounds good to me. It really shouldn't cost that much since GM already has the technology in some Pontiacs.......

2001 L300

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2001L300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2001L300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #36
topodaddy
topodaddy is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Yes, it should be an option; probably not one that I would consider though.

1999 Saturn SL2
Homecoming Edition
"Freedom isn't Free!"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to topodaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help topodaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #37
lithous
lithous is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L

I think that it will make the price of all models go up. Even if GM has it in other cars doesn't negate that fact that multiple people are involved in getting it in each model of Saturn (will it fit, electrical wiring changes, hours of testers testing it, etc.). That said, if it was <= $50 on to the base price (of course it wouldn't be advertised as such - i.e. "Base price to include HUD development" on the sticker) and <= $300 as an option I would say yes to it being an option (and I'd buy it if only for the cool factor).

But DVD navigation as an option would be better IMO.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lithous's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lithous reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-17-2005, 07:17 AM   #38
PlumSL1
PlumSL1 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
1997 SC2

I would love to have heads up display. However I dont beleive it should be available on the Ion since its more of a luxury feature. I hope the aura has it.

NicK
--------------
08 Mazda3
00 Tiburon SE - Sold
96 SL2 - Sold
97 SC2 - Sold
94 SL1 - Driven till death R.I.P

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PlumSL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PlumSL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:29 PM   #39
saturnowner2001
saturnowner2001 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

No. too many options as it is now!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnowner2001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnowner2001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:44 PM   #40
cheapybob
Advanced Member
cheapybob will become famous soon enough

2000 SC1
1999 SC2

I loved the HUD and trip computer on my Grand Prix. It was only a $50 option, and it was better than just the trip computer that was on my old LeBaron. It was especially nice to have at night, and I think the real distraction is when you have to take your eyes off the road to look at the speedometer or radio buttons, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cheapybob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cheapybob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread