SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 10:03 PM   #1
Saturnmeister
Saturnmeister is on a distinguished road

Default Driving Lessons

With all of the posts about tailgating and such, I thought this would be an appropriate side discussion...

One of my driving fantasies is to put together an old '60's beater with a big V8 and then fill the fenders and quarters with concrete and weld tubular steel push bumpers on it, ala demolition derby cars, and then go out and teach some "driving lessons", such as...

1. Want to roll through that stop sign to get in front of me when I'm right on top of you, and then proceed to travel at half my speed? I'll just keep right on goin', and crush your car like an aluminum can just to teach you how STUPID that is!

2. Want to make like you're more important than the rest of the world by pulling up along the curb at a light, i.e., outside of the traffic lanes, and cut in front of people waiting there before you arrived? I'll merge into your self made lane and tear the door skins and fenders right off you car, just to show you how your rudeness will NOT be tolerated!

3. Want to tailgate me, in particular when I'm no slow mover? I'll slam on the brakes and then pull away from your wrecked vehicle, just to show you that such driving is really DUMB!

4. Want to park in front of my driveway, or double park in front of my parked car, because you're too lazy to park legally a short distance away and WALK you lazy rear end to where you're going? I'll just back or pull right THROUGH your car and push the twisted remains out of the way, just to show you how being so inconsiderate is going to inconvenience you a LOT MORE than a little walking!

5. Want to "cruise" up a highway entrance ramp at 35 mph, thus assuring that not only you but every car behind you now has to merge into traffic dangerously at half the speed it is moving at when the ramp ends? Not to worry! I'll give you a PUSH up to highway speed, and show you how to merge properly!

6. Want to merge into my lane on the highway when I'm right on top of you, cutting me off because you're either inattentive or think you've got the "right" to do so because you drive a large/high vehicle? I'll just keep going as if you weren't there...just like you did to me, and push you right back into your lane where you should have stayed, just to point out to you that such driving is NOT a good idea!

Sounds like fun, doesn't it? }>

Hee Hee!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnmeister's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnmeister reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2001, 11:38 PM   #2
Phil
Advanced Member
Phil is on a distinguished road

What with the laws of physics being what they are, I doubt you could school tailgaters by standing on the brakes with a car that had mass amounts of concrete and steel secreted around the body. Not without some SERIOUS purchasing of hardware. Personally, I'd rather do the teaching with a good old "Ma Deuce" M2 .50 cal Browning Machine Gun (remotely operated, of course) on the roof.

And add to the list the ones who believe using turn signals is like giving information to the enemy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phil's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-30-2001, 12:01 AM   #3
SpeedPlayer 97sl2
SpeedPlayer 97sl2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
2002 SC2

Just gimme a military HUMVEE and mount a turret on the top... }>

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SpeedPlayer 97sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SpeedPlayer 97sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-30-2001, 06:47 AM   #4
beasjd

I'd just get an old beater, like an olds 88, or some other big old boat car, and just go around doing that. I think you have to add onto your list people that just park in the middle of the road and people who are too buys talking on their cell phone to maintain a constant speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beasjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beasjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 08-30-2001, 08:10 AM   #5
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Is it possible to buy an old U.S. army surplus tank? }>

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-30-2001, 10:49 AM   #6
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
thatjerryguy (08-30-2001 09:10 a.m.):
Is it possible to buy an old U.S. army surplus tank?
Well, apparently it's possible to steal a tank! I'm sure we've all probably seen the footage of that renegade tank in San Diego a few years ago!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-30-2001, 09:33 PM   #7
Saturnmeister
Saturnmeister is on a distinguished road

Yeah, a tank would be fun! Even if somebody could out run you, they couldn't outrun the High Explosive round from the main gun! LOL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnmeister's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnmeister reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-31-2001, 06:01 AM   #8
Bill

Ummm.... I'll be staying off the roads for awhile...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 09-01-2001, 09:56 AM   #9
jurzdevil
jurzdevil is on a distinguished road

the best would be to get a giant komatsu with the giant treads and 360 degree swiveling cab and arm with a giant shovel at the end!!! if someone tried to pass you could toss them off the road. if someone tailgates you could stop and swivel around and dig a giant ditch all the way across the road so they wont be able to go anywhere!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jurzdevil's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jurzdevil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread