SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 10:42 PM   #1
saturnotaku
saturnotaku is on a distinguished road

Default I am returned!

Summer's now officially over. I'm back here at school (without my Saturn, unfortunately ). I've been wanting to post about my activities with my car these past three months as well as my experiences working at Saturn of Schaumburg.

First, my car. I figure from the middle of May until August 26, I put over 6000 miles on my odometer. This included commutes to my 2 jobs of 50 and 80 miles round trip. I also took several lengthy road trips. All I've needed along the way is a couple oil changes and several car washes My gas mileage never dropped below 32 mpg, and it reached a high of 37.6. It won't be too long until I need the 30000 mile service.

My experience working at my retailer was just as pleasant. I learned just how complex it is for a dealer to make sure everything goes smoothly for a customer. But for the most part, I worked as a cashier for the service department.

Let me tell you, at the service department, I've seen it all from a new L300 that needed a new transmission (some defective parts) to an SL2 with over 600000 miles and all it needed was an oil change. By far the most common repair I saw (aside from routine maintenance) was the alternator (or "generator assembly" in fancy Saturn terms). One Saturday, I had to have rang up at least 5 people who needed that part replaced. And it's expensive, too.

But one thing I'll say is that, even though some people were spending hundreds of dollars on repairs, the vast majority were very pleasant to deal with.

But that's enough about my summer. It's good to be back here and for the next 9 months at least, I'll be around a lot more

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnotaku's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnotaku reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2001, 06:21 AM   #2
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Glad you enjoyed it. Satty dealers seem to be fun places.

Yesterday, saw a contest at Saturn of Raleigh where the employees went into an inflatable tent full of dollar bills and had a contest catching them as they blew in the air.

Everyone including us customers enjoyed the show and the employees grabbed up a few bucks each.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2001, 10:03 PM   #3
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

It sounds like you had a very interesting -- and fun -- summer. Welcome back to school! Good luck this semester!

Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread