SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 06:35 PM   #1
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Default Just hit 100k miles!

Well, my SL2 just joined the ranks of Saturns with over 100,000 miles! I think I put on about 30,000 miles just in the last year!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2001, 09:07 PM   #2
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

They'll just have to do a commercial about your car, Hokie. It hit the deer and kept going and going and going..........:-D

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-26-2001, 09:11 PM   #3
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Congrats to you and your Satty.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-26-2001, 10:38 PM   #4
traveler
traveler is on a distinguished road

I am a test car for my dealer as I have the highest mileage L series car of anyone, and it is only a year old. With over 36,000 on it so far I have only changed the oil and filters and that is IT! NO mechanical issues. They just replaced the door handles for fun as a result of the recall when I was in for my 30,000 inspection. I have used ONLY Mobil One oil from the moment the car came off the truck with 0 miles on it. I'll keep you all updated as I feel strongly that the Mobil One is the difference for the long haul. I also axed the Firestone tires the day after taking delivery. Needless to say that is a "Must Do" for all L owners

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to traveler's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help traveler reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-27-2001, 06:39 AM   #5
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
traveler (07-26-2001 11:38 p.m.):
I also axed the Firestone tires the day after taking delivery. Needless to say that is a "Must Do" for all L owners
Perhaps it was a must do for you but I've used my original tires on our L and have had no problems with them. The *only* tire problem we've had over 22,000 miles was a ruined tire in the first few thousand miles due to my wife trying to drive on a road hazard caused flat. That clearly wasn't the tire's fault.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-27-2001, 07:06 AM   #6
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Are the Firestones safe? There is nothing to prove they are not and NO factual information has been provided except by one person who had a failure that most likely is related to the tire. Other brands have failures too. Would I buy the same tire as a replacement? No... there are better tires out there. Keep the tires inflated properly at the recommneded pressure, check them once and a while for wear and you should be ok.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-27-2001, 11:19 AM   #7
Armadillo
Armadillo is on a distinguished road

Nice going, VTHOKIE!

I'm keeping my tires until 1) they wear out, 2) they self-destruct or 3) there is evidence that the tires are faulty. Then I'll buy something else. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on them and check the wear and pressure regularly, as usual. I may not be getting the "best" ride or handling, but it's the best I can do at the moment.

Are the tires safe? They're not for the people who experience blowouts. My husband hasn't heard of any Saturns with defective tires coming back to the store, though. Is that a fair sampling? Of course not. If he takes a big life insurance policy out on me, then I'll re-think the tires. ;-)

I personally haven't the cash right now to change tires. I've never worried about the tires Saturn has put on my three cars and the first set really racked up the miles without failure. I worry more about getting food poisoning. That HAS happened on more than one occasion, sad to say.

I'm much more concerned about the multiple times I've been behind a 16-wheeler when their retreads have fallen apart. It's pretty scary to suddenly see what appears to be an explosion and then tire tread debris flying toward my windshield. Now there's a tire safety issue that's barely been addressed...retreads.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Armadillo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Armadillo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread