SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 10:23 PM   #1
SexyMexi02SC2
Advanced Member
SexyMexi02SC2 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
Question black emblems

I just ordered the black emblems for my 2002 SC2 off SPS... I talked to my service guy at my Saturn dealership not too long ago about the best way to bust off the stock emblems and place these bad boys on... apparently there's a screw or something for the one on the front and the rest can just be jimmied off with a little force.
Anyone have any more brilliant ideas? Don't want to do anything drastic. I popped the hood to check out the deal with the one on the front and while I know it's fixed onto something, I can't figure out what.
Thanks! I know this is a stupid question but hey, I'd rather look stupid on here than have my car look retarded.

Xen Xavier
*2002 SC2,black,fully loaded
*Pioneer 8500 h/u
*2 12" Kicker CompVRs
*Polk components
*Rockford 450S amp
*Amer Legacy Cap
*17" Enkei CDR9s
*Toyo FZ4 40ZR17s

...back in black.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SexyMexi02SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SexyMexi02SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2003, 08:40 AM   #2
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Aren't there installation instructions on the SPS site?

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2003, 08:54 AM   #3
Saturn-Eh!
Saturn-Eh! is on a distinguished road

The emblems are held in from the rear with a captive nut. If you pry the emblem off, you risk buggering the paint, and the post on the back of the emblem will fall off into the car. The new emblem needs to be secured in the same way (a nut from the rear), so either way you need to remove the brackets that are preventing you from getting to the back of the fascia.

Another alternative is to break off the old emblem and secure the new one with double sided tape. No rear access needed (easy way out), but the emblem will stick up slightly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn-Eh!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn-Eh! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2003, 11:24 AM   #4
cris_thomas
Advanced Member
cris_thomas is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
1995 SC2

With double sided tape you risk the emblem falling out. Especially if it rains or snows where you are.

For the side emblems just unclip the mud guard from around the wheel wheel and then reach in to get at the nut. you can probably just break it off as it is just plastic.

For the front one you may need to actually unscrew a piece to get at it. It depends on which year you have.

Doa search via google and or on this site. there are (or at least where a few years ago) numerous how to documents on how to do this.

- Cris Thomas
SPOC New England
http://www.spocne.org

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cris_thomas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cris_thomas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
MeaNGreeNSL2
MeaNGreeNSL2 is on a distinguished road

Its incrediably simple, just a little annoying. Ive done thins several times. The nose emblem is the easiest to get to. All you need is , i believe a 10mm socket, i think, use your hand s and twist off the nut. then unscrew it till the red emblem comes off and reverse then steps i just told you. But DO NOT overtighten due to the risk of breaking the stem and your emblem not being able to stay on. The fenders are a little harder to get too, but the steps are just the same as the nose. You need to remove 3 or 4 of then clips holding the fender liner on and put your hand into the inside if your fender well to get to the back of your emblems and do as i said above. Your rear emblem just prys off and i belive the new one comes with the tape or glue they use to put it on. Hope this helps you, and not confuses you more.
-B

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MeaNGreeNSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MeaNGreeNSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2003, 05:00 PM   #6
SexyMexi02SC2
Advanced Member

2002 SC2

lol no I think I got it guys... thanks so much!
I'll put up pics when I successfully (hopefully) get everything put on.
Happy holidays!
S

Xen Xavier
*Pioneer 8500 h/u
*2 12" Kicker CompVRs
*Polk components
*Rockford 450S amp
*Amer Legacy Cap
*17" Enkei CDR9s
*Toyo FZ4 40ZR17s

...back in black.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SexyMexi02SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:46 PM   #7
nkyleft
nkyleft is on a distinguished road

it only took me like 10 minutes to put on my black emblems

and they add 30hp each!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nkyleft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nkyleft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2003, 02:25 PM   #8
gluc0se
gluc0se is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

I know what ya mean nkyleft, I put my black emblems on Wed and noticed a big boost in performance. I am pushing over 200 hp @ the wheels These emblems are quite amazing. When I installed mine they were just glued to the sides and front. I used clear silicon to put them on and they are stuck very well now. I washed my car yesterday and they are all still holding without any probs. The black emblems do look sharp. After I installed them I installed my clear side markers. I was really impressed with those as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gluc0se's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gluc0se reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2003, 02:44 PM   #9
SexyMexi02SC2
Advanced Member

2002 SC2

yea I already have the side markers... this is the final exterior mod that I need to make my car "blacked out", i.e. nothing except black and white on the exterior (except for the rear blinkers but that's ok).
Woo hoo! Thanks guys! Can't wait to see that difference in power from the emblems.
S

Xen Xavier
*Pioneer 8500 h/u
*2 12" Kicker CompVRs
*Polk components
*Rockford 450S amp
*Amer Legacy Cap
*17" Enkei CDR9s
*Toyo FZ4 40ZR17s

...back in black.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread