SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 03:21 AM   #1
vuecheeto
vuecheeto is on a distinguished road

Mad 02 Vue V6 wrecked

I won't know for a couple days if its totaled I was doing 60 and the conditions were rain and Seattles I-5. The front end hit the guardrail maybe 40+ and turning around to hit the side. The Vue ended up nose out to traffic. And I was only changing lanes If its totaled should I look at the new Vue? My Vue was the orange paint and they quit selling that I loved that color. I need some opinions. Thanx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vuecheeto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vuecheeto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2003, 10:29 AM   #2
vue4u2nv
vue4u2nv is on a distinguished road

I dont know how bad its actually damaged of cause but if its totaled i would diffinetly look into the new 04 with the more horse power cause im assuming it might have been worth the wait considering how much i love my truck and i got the 03 v6 awd and i got the meduim green and with a few add ons like bug deflector and side window deflectors windows tinted it looks bad as hell and i got a ? what happen did the truck hydroplane why did it make its way to the guard rail did u hit a major puddle and it pulled you toward the rail ??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vue4u2nv's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vue4u2nv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2003, 10:45 AM   #3
bk63
bk63 is on a distinguished road

If it was that burnt orange color, then go and get an 04 6 cylinder but for gods sake get a different color

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bk63's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bk63 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2003, 04:43 PM   #4
vuecheeto

Yea I hydroplaned when I was changing lanes. Dang AWD didn't do smack So my question is should I spend extra money for AWD? It sure it didn't help me from hydroplaning. Hey I might change the paint on a 04 to burnt orage The 04 are to dark in color

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help vuecheeto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
erskineVUE
erskineVUE is on a distinguished road

I just got my VUE back from the body shop. Everyone thought it would be totalled, but the insurance laws in SC state that the repair costs must be at least 75% of the value of the vehicle for it to be totalled. The final cost was $11,876.96. Insurance company said fix it. I was hit by a drunk driver, who had no license or insurance. Because I was trying to avoid the head on collision I ran off the raod when hit and drove through a ditch and jumped the railroad tracks that run parallel with the road I was on. Both airbags blew out and the entire front end had to be replaced. I am still having problems with it now, so I would hope you can get yours totalled. And the 04's are so much nicer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to erskineVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help erskineVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2003, 10:55 PM   #6
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by erskineVUE
I just got my VUE back from the body shop. Everyone thought it would be totalled, but the insurance laws in SC state that the repair costs must be at least 75% of the value of the vehicle for it to be totalled. The final cost was $11,876.96. Insurance company said fix it. I was hit by a drunk driver, who had no license or insurance. Because I was trying to avoid the head on collision I ran off the raod when hit and drove through a ditch and jumped the railroad tracks that run parallel with the road I was on. Both airbags blew out and the entire front end had to be replaced. I am still having problems with it now, so I would hope you can get yours totalled. And the 04's are so much nicer.
I'm going to have to agree with you. After my accident with my grand am which was a little over 8,000$ and having the insurance company not total my car has been a major pain....First the pontiac repair place didnt use the right clearcoat and I had to have my car repainted...... then they just repainted the front now the sides are getting these little chips....it now turns out I have 3 bent rims from the accident....its just a headache because a lot of the times more problems turn up then you are forced to cover them.....

However i dont really know how bad your damage is but if its as bad as mine I know you will be more happy with a new vehicle even if you cant get the same color

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2003, 11:47 PM   #7
silvervoo
silvervoo is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally posted by vuecheeto
Yea I hydroplaned when I was changing lanes. Dang AWD didn't do smack So my question is should I spend extra money for AWD? It sure it didn't help me from hydroplaning. Hey I might change the paint on a 04 to burnt orage The 04 are to dark in color
AWD cannot help prevent hydroplaning. It will help you get going but if you're trying to turn or stop it can't do anything for you.
If there were occasions when you used AWD before, then yes get it again. If not, then no don't bother.
Sorry to hear about your accident =(

●● If it doesn't have a clutch, I'm not interested ●● Vive la bote manuelle ●●

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silvervoo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silvervoo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:15 AM   #8
bobacker
bobacker is on a distinguished road

Invest in some REALLY GOOD tires.... that more than anything helps with the hydroplaining...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobacker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobacker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2003, 04:07 AM   #9
vuecheeto

Hey guys thanks for the info. Monday is the day I find out? Who knows. Well when I hit the guardrail at an angle it spun me around to the driver side scraping up the panels. I think thats when my 3 tires blew off. So the wheels are torn up and need to be replaced. And my liftgate and crumpled in the corner from the rail meeting bumper. Errrr what a weekend A buddy of mine says get all terrain. Would they better tires for daily driven? Ahh so much to do tomorrow, I won't be hydroplane racing soon Thanx

How long does a collision shop take? I have full coverage but no rental reimburstment. That was from my insurance 800#, not my agent.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-01-2003, 09:49 AM   #10
TimberWolfe21a
TimberWolfe21a is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about that. I love my pumpkin ('02 AWD V6). As for tires, I'd love to get something a bit different. I checked with Saturn of National City (San Diego area) and they will only sell OEM. That's what I presently have. They are about worn out, so I'll probably go to KEARNY MESA SATURN as they have a speed shop and a wide selection of tires for all Saturns, as well as a lot of other goodies.

Ok, as for the tires. Good grip really IS important. But remember one little, minor detail. You know those commercials that show all that water being pushed out from under the tires? Cool, huh? You know how fast those tires are turning? 12MPH! That's right! 12MPH! So, if these really cool tires can get that much water under them at only 12MPH, what happens when they're moving you at 60+? Something to think about.

Have a pleasant day,
RickyDee

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TimberWolfe21a's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TimberWolfe21a reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2003, 11:52 AM   #11
ACS
ACS is on a distinguished road

For tires, check tirerack.com. Aside from great tire prices (which local merchants may match), check to see actual user reviews. This is a most helpful feature. Actual users giving feedback. People must list car make + model + mileage with tires.

Tirerack.com also performs thorough independent tests to compare similar tires on the same car/truck with equal conditions. Check it out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ACS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ACS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:31 PM   #12
scotsman
scotsman is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XE
2003 VUE 3.0L

You'll have to change tire size as the Bridgestones are the only one's available in the 235 65 R16 (unless you go with the Goodyear Eagles @ $200 a piece (tirerack.com)).
I'm looking at 235 60 R16 (more choices). Best of luck, of course if they total it this will be a mute point as the new one's come with R17's

2009 Aura XE
2003 Vue AWD 3.0
2000 SL2 5spd
1996 SL1 Auto
Former Saturns:
1999 SW2 5spd
1997 SL1 5spd (1st Saturn!)
1994 SL2 5spd

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread