SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 05:14 PM   #1
saturnotaku
saturnotaku is on a distinguished road

Default Don't you just LOVE it when you see this?

Wow, I'm gone for a while, come back and everything's completely redone. Nice job, Charlie! Question - is the signature feature fully implemented? When I edit mine, I get an error saying that my signature can't contain more than 0 characters.

Anywho, I just wanted to share this little tidbit with you. I was driving to my internship the other day (50 miles from my home) when I came across a most interesting site. Someone was driving a 2001 Honda Civic as a courtesy car from one of the local dealerships. Now, usually when people drive courtesy cars, their own personal vehicle is in the shop for some kind of service. What's so unusual about this situation?

The courtesy car was broken down, too! It was sitting, stranded on the side of US Rte. 20, emergency flashers on and a none-too-happy driver talking on his cellular phone. I found this highly amusing, especially since it was a HONDA.

Well, that's all. Nice to see all the changes around here

Oh yeah, small addendum - 230 posts and I'm classified as a NEW MEMBER? What's up with that?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnotaku's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnotaku reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2001, 05:25 PM   #2
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Don't you just LOVE it when you see th

Glad you like the changes! As of right now, the signature feature is not turned on. I explained why in another thread. Also, your classification as a new member should automatically update after you post for the first time on the new forum.

If it doesn't change your status, let me know by sending me a Private Message (click on the [img=http://www.saturnfans.com/UltraBoard/Public/Images/Default/pm.gif] icon under my name).

Thanks,
Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2001, 06:43 AM   #3
Three Rings
Three Rings is on a distinguished road

Hey, it really could have been broken down, but maybe it was outta gas? Could have been like me yesterday - I took our LS1 in for service and they gave me a new L100 to drive, with the window sticker still on it. Halfway home I notice the low fuel light on and the needle dead on "E"!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Three Rings's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Three Rings reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2001, 07:46 AM   #4
Jeff

I must say I'm never thrilled to see someone broken down on the side of the road, in any make or model. Every fan forum, for every car, has posts just like this one. "It was hilarious, I saw a brand new Neon/Saturn/Corrolla/Civic on the side of the road!"

Honda's are good cars. My girlfriend's '01 Civic EX (old style not the new one) has 36,000 miles on it in about 14 months, and that thing has been perfect. not a single problem, minor or otherwise. That said my Saturn's been pretty good too. But don't take pleasure in other people's misfortunes, it could come back to bite you in the ass!

jeff

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jeff's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jeff reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Closed Thread