SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 07:43 AM   #1
YELO_SC2
YELO_SC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Spring Hill Plant Tour

I now have an "appointment" to take a plant tour in Spring Hill in late July. It is a week after they start up the line again, so hopefully I will get to see a few of the new VUEs! Is anyone else going down (or up if you live down south ;-)) to the plant this summer? In addition, for those of you who have been before, do you have any suggestions? I know you are not allowed to take pictures inside. Thanks!

P.S. - Also, is there anything fun to do in Nashville that time of year that is not country music related?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YELO_SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YELO_SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2001, 12:49 PM   #2
Rod
Rod is on a distinguished road

I have been through the plant three times now and it never ceases to amaze me. Just try to soak it all up, when it is over, you will wish you could take the tour all over again just to catch all the things you missed the first time!

As far as Nashville goes, late July is very HOT. We were down there two years ago for Homecoming. Check ticketmaster to find out what kind of entertainment (non-country) is going on. The Gary Entertainment Center is the big arena in town. I've caught a hockey game there before. If you like steak, you MUST, and I repeat: MUST eat dinner one night at Demo's Steak and Spaghetti house right downtown. It is the best steak I have ever had in my entire life. If you don't believe me, follow the link to my website and read my review of my experience there. Another interesting excursion, about 45 minute drive from Nashville is the Cumberland Caverns. You can take a very interesting tour of the underground caves. They have a Christain themed light show on the tour that is a little odd, but otherwise was a big thumbs up!

While at Saturn, be sure to spend some quality time in the visitors center!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-18-2001, 01:01 PM   #3
wei_
wei_ is on a distinguished road

Check with www.digitalcity.com. I believe it has a listing of events for Nashville. It was very useful when I was in South Beach earlier this month.
- Wei

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wei_'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wei_ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-18-2001, 02:42 PM   #4
YELO_SC2

2001 SC2

Wow, thanks for the great tips, guys. I'll definitely have to get one of those juicy steaks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help YELO_SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2001, 02:38 PM   #5
YELO_SC2

2001 SC2

Has anyone ever been on the "NashTrash" tours in Nashville where they make fun of celebrities? Is it as funny as some reviewers have said? Also, the Belle Meade Plantation looks pretty cool; anyone ever been there? Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-21-2001, 04:21 PM   #6
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

I couldn't imagine Nashville being THAT hot, given that it is so far north.

Livin' in Louisiana here!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2001, 04:30 PM   #7
Rod
Rod is on a distinguished road

Well, I don't know what HOT is to you, but when we were there in July, the big digital signboard outside the arena displayed the temp as 101 degrees and that was at 8 pm. To me, that's HOT! I took a picture of it too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2001, 04:52 PM   #8
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member
ClapDaddy will become famous soon enough

Yellow_2001,

Just got back from our Plant tour. It was the 6th Annual Central Ohio Saturn CarClub trip and tour.

If I may suggest, I would move your plans to mid. August if you want to see the VUE and its associated area in the Plant. We were told that current plans call for it being "off-limits" for a month or so after change-over.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ClapDaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2001, 05:12 PM   #9
YELO_SC2

2001 SC2

That really stinks about the VUE area not being "tourable." I can't move the tour date to August since I have to go back to school in early Aug. Are people from southwestern Ohio (I live about 30 miles east of Cincinnati) allowed membership in the Central Ohio Saturn CarClub? If so, I might be interested in joining. Thanks for any info you can provide.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-22-2001, 02:43 AM   #10
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member
ClapDaddy will become famous soon enough

Yellow_2001,

IMO, Saturn is being over-cautious in everything that concerns the VUE. I personally would not be surprised to see the launch, sooner than the November dates. BUT we had an incident when we were visiting that made me FEEL like a spy. My gut feeling was to get up and leave Spring Hill. BUT as in life, when others depend on you, you have to make decisions based on overall merit and NOT emotion. IMO "one" person over-reacted and almost ruined a GREAT time. Just like what happens occasionally on this forum. Instead of checking with Charlie, one person who goes off on a rant, can ruin things for many others.

Back to your question. Check with Spring Hill to see what you will be able to see when you visit. IMO, if things go good/great, then the area may be part of the tour. Saturn is concerned with safety and they want to make sure that the area and everything going on in the area is ok.

As far as joining our Chapter of the CarClub, we have two people who live in PA and one in Toledo. E-Mail me and I can give you the details. Basic membership is only $10.00 a year.

We have a Saturday meeting this week (tomorrow) at Saturn/West in Hilliard. It starts at 10:00 a.m. Our quarterly Saturday meetings are NEW and do not know yet how many they will attract. Our normal Monthly Thursday meetings, bring anywhere from 35 to 50 people.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ClapDaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:24 AM   #11
Saturn Line Rat
Saturn Line Rat is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Spring Hill Plant Tour

Hi Saturn forum members! I'm new here and basically the reason i'm posting is because I work at Saturn Spring Hill (General Assy Ion Side). I've worked at Saturn Spring Hill since 1993. I'll attempt to answer any questions you might have about the upcoming tour in July if need be?. Bear in mind that there may be issues that I'm prohibited too talk about but for the most part, I'll help in any way I Can! Thanks.......Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClapDaddy
Yellow_2001,

IMO, Saturn is being over-cautious in everything that concerns the VUE. I personally would not be surprised to see the launch, sooner than the November dates.
Actually, the exact launch date for the VUE Has not been set yet (Mostly rumors) but there's good reason's for being cautious about revealing details about our upcoming products.......Trust me!

Last edited by Saturn Line Rat; 03-08-2005 at 02:38 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Line Rat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Line Rat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 03:02 AM   #12
1995 SC2
1995 SC2 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: Spring Hill Plant Tour

You definitely have to go take the Corvette Tour in Bowling Green, Kentucky! I went there the day after I took the Saturn Tour!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1995 SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1995 SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #13
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

You guys do realize that he went to the factory four years ago, right? Check the dates on the original post .. it's from 2001.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #14
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Still, glad to see more Saturn Plant Members chime into this fans site.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-09-2005, 02:22 AM   #15
Saturn Line Rat
Saturn Line Rat is on a distinguished road

Yea, I Looked at the dates on the earlier posts after I made my intial post and noticed they were old posts (4yrs ago) but I Also recieved this E-Mail yesterday stating: SaturnFans members from around the world are invited to attend the SaturnFans.com Spring Hill Plant Tour on Monday, June 27, 2005. The event will be open to SaturnFans.com members and their families. It will be held in Spring Hill, Tennessee in conjunction with the Central Ohio Saturn Car Club. . I Attempted to edit the post but was not allowed (Something about 15 Min time exp). . Anyways, I Looks like this years tour will be close to the end of the 05 model years for the Ions and Vues. I Have to say in all the years I Have worked for GM (26), The Saturn Homecoming events we held in the past were Amazing! These type of events were never held at the other GM Plants I've worked at!....Thanks for the Welcome guys.......Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Line Rat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Line Rat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread