SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 12-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #1
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the rough

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Honda Transmission lines leaking?

Found transmission fluid on the ground, thought it may had been my failure to replace the crush washer "every time" I did the transmission fluid swap, yet I see the fluid coming from what appears to be the lines connected forward left side of the transmission.

These are machined into the transmission, and have that appear to be small cannisters attached before being clamped to a rubber hose I imagine goes to the radiator. Not sure if I want to play with them from the amount of corrosion on them either.

Major problem or easy fix? It's a slow leak but nevertheless. I'm not sure what the pressure is either under driving conditions yet the transmissions still appears to be full.
Angry White Planet Ohth.... The REAL "Salt Life"!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2020, 11:49 PM   #2
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Honda Transmission lines leaking?

Pretty sure you are talking about these transmission cooler lines. I had one start leaking on my Aura. Wasn't too difficult to change.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ler+line,10343

This video should give you a guide on how to change them. On your Vue it looks like you can just change the line that is leaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVlaDBjTCrg
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #3
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the roughBismarck318 is a jewel in the rough

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Thank ypou for the links & yes that's where its leaking looks like at the transmission. Looks like a 1 piece assembly connected on the flange near the block, yet the ones shown at Rock is one tube, he glossed over if that area was disassembled. His underbelly looks so clean, not the Ick we deal with up north.

I was thinking of wrapping it with a PTFE tape for the time being, how much pressure in that line?
Old 12-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #4
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

The video was for a different but similar model. Parts listed for yours details two separate lines.
Not sure of the pressure but Gates rubber transmission cooler hose is rated for 250 PSI working pressure.
If the line breaks while driving you'll be stuck and could potentially harm the transmission.
Fix it, not worth the risk.
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #5
Bismarck318

2006 VUE 3.5L
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

In the link you had posted for Rock, I see one for FWD & another for AWD, but only one line a piece. (??)

I don't buy online, & just too much low hanging fruit on this vehicle now + the service frame is gone, not sure about the K frame. I really want to resolve the thudding issue in the rear going forward, though just going through guess fixes that don't solve it.. Was going to just run this till spring but should just dump it at this point, this vehicle develops issues faster than I can fix them.

Transmission still looks like it has sufficient fluid left, not sure if it's coming out faster during driving I only have driven this on limited occasions since the thudding started 2 years back.

No longer work on these especially in the cold due to arthritic issues, try to find honest mechanics!

BTW how much fluid do these lines retain when removed, not the entire 5 qt displacement?

Last edited by Bismarck318; 12-09-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:47 PM   #6
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

...If I were you I would just get the ac delco trans lines and new fittings. I did mine while I had everything apart while doing a motor change. I found out under a plastic retaining clip that holds both lines ,the trans lines just disintegrated. Glad i changed out both lines, they were starting to get a bit crusty.It was just a matter of time before blowing ,With 97000 miles, good ol' ny salt, just my.02, DC
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:51 PM   #7
Bismarck318

2006 VUE 3.5L
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

In an ideal world, yes, hate to put another grand into it & find the K frame is gone like Mr. Buffalo told me a few years back.

Dunno if the tape will work, & lines all look seized.

About a $500 job then?
Old 12-17-2020, 05:50 PM   #8
Vue6

2006 VUE Red Line

...Got my trans lines and new fittings at rock auto, shouldn't be too bad about 200 bucks for everything,if that, if i remember correctly. The ac delco lines were decent quality. Pull the little clips on the fittings with a small pick and the lines should pop out with a tug. Expect them to be crusty, there is also a spot where they are reinforced with a plastic tab where they run parallel, that is held together with a bolt. They are a bit fun to get to on the trans and radiator if you have larger hands, good luck,hope that helps, DC.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:00 PM   #9
Vue6

2006 VUE Red Line

...Send me a message with you email and i can email a pic of the front of engine which shows the lines, DC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front of mtr.jpg (210.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-17-2020, 06:09 PM   #10
Vue6

2006 VUE Red Line

...I guess some pics got downloaded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side pic of mtr.jpg (211.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg trans wthout mtr.jpg (213.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-25-2020, 10:02 PM   #11
Bismarck318

2006 VUE 3.5L
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vue6 View Post
...Got my trans lines and new fittings at rock auto, shouldn't be too bad about 200 bucks for everything,if that, if i remember correctly. The ac delco lines were decent quality. Pull the little clips on the fittings with a small pick and the lines should pop out with a tug. Expect them to be crusty, there is also a spot where they are reinforced with a plastic tab where they run parallel, that is held together with a bolt. They are a bit fun to get to on the trans and radiator if you have larger hands, good luck,hope that helps, DC.
TY, actually arthritic hands! Its the tugging & seizing that will be the problem especially not being able to grip them.

It's sitting in 15" of snow right now.