SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line

Old 11-11-2020, 08:55 PM   #1
jets1934a
jets1934a is a jewel in the roughjets1934a is a jewel in the roughjets1934a is a jewel in the rough

Default stabilitrack and service hybrid warning, no codes

I own a 2008 Saturn Vue with the ECOTECH 2.4 Greenline with 95,000K. My car sometimes has the check engine come on and the stabilitrack light come on and stay on and the service hybrid system message come on. Sometimes while at the light the engine would go dead. If i put it on park , it will start and drive again. With 2 different OBD2 readers and it reads no codes found even though the check engine light is on. Turn ignition on and cleared the check engine light. car runs great for 50 miles or so and then the same thing happens, no codes, stabilitrack light on and service hybrid system light on again and no codes. Anyone know what's going on here?
jets1934a is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2020, 01:13 PM   #2
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: stabilitrack and service hybrid warning, no codes

You need a code reader capable of reading more than just engine codes. It needs to be able to read the codes from the modules associated with those error messages.
Many cleared codes will return after a certain number of ignition cycles or distance driven.
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:47 PM   #3
jets1934a
jets1934a is a jewel in the roughjets1934a is a jewel in the roughjets1934a is a jewel in the rough

any suggestions on a code reader capable of reading more than just engine codes on a budget.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:58 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

A recent member with similar problems seems to presume anyone has Vue hybrid knowledge. Being an observer and interested in hybrid technology, I haven't found anyone here knowledgeable and post technical info. I presume service manuals are crucial to diyers as well as having a scantool capable of reading all GM codes. GM and repair shops are two sources of scantools. After market scantools are available. I don't know if mine is capable but does read wrench codes related to xmission faults and programmed remotes. I ran a diagnostic on the instrument panel to cycle all the indicators too. If you decide to search for a low cost reader/scantool, you'll need to ask whether or not its capable of displaying all GM error codes and advanced diagnostics related to your Vue hybrid.

The following is a reprint from a search some time back. I didn't copy the link as I was interested in the reply from a GM service tech. This may be from a GM tech site or third party site.

VUE HYBRID NOTES (from a tech):

1) This vehicle dose not have an alternator but does have a Starter Generator. I have never had to replace a failed one yet.

2) Did the shade tree technician program the Starter Generator Control Module? I have only replaced only one of these back in 2007.

3) Many of the belt tensioners fail and damage the belt. Is the SG belt ok?

4) Many of 1st generation Battery energy Control Modules fail. If it fails you'll need to replace the BECM with a new 2nd generation

BECM, fan and harness. the BECM will need to be programmed.

5) Also note the hybrid battery is 36 Volts and always live in the battery box. located behind the rear seat.

1) Do you know if the replacement SGCM was new when installed. If it was new and never programmed it must be programmed for any of

it's functions to operate. If it was used bone yard module it may already have the correct program calibrations.

2) Internally to the SGCM is the PIM (power invertor Module). The PIM change AC voltage to DC voltage and DC voltage to AC voltage.

The starter generator input output (three large cables carry AC voltage only) is AC voltage. But the starter generator also has DC

voltage control circuits.

3) The PIM takes Ac power from the Starter Generator and changes it to DC power about 40vdc to charge the Hybrid battery and also

about 14.5vdc to charge the 12 volt battery.

4) All programming is done with TIS2web and pass-thru device like tech 2, MDI or MDI2. I don't (know if) anyone is using the tech2

anymore because the MDI is easier and faster. Note TIS2web is a website on a PC. The program calibrations can not be installed

without access to TIS2 web.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:18 AM   #5
imaddicted2u
Advanced Member
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

I use a Launch EZdiag bluetooth scanner. With the software installed on my phone I can read/clear codes and live data from every module. It was $100 but has been discontinued.
Not sure but being a hybrid there may be specialties that won't be built in to aftermarket scanners and a GM TechII may be required.
Maybe someone else knows what is available to do the job.
Anyway first step is to have codes then troubleshoot from there.
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I have VCX NANO, an aftermarket Tech II clone, using an old Win7 laptop. If you are anywhere within 50 miles of NYC, I can offer my setup to see if my scantool is capable of displaying anything.
VCX NANO
Old 11-25-2020, 11:26 PM   #7
jets1934a

O.k.. after doing a lot of research, I think the problem is solved. I checked all the items, sensors, wires, fuses that had to do with the stabilitrack and hybrid battery and they were all in good condition. I charged my car's 12v battery to full capacity (battery was 7 months old).I went to Walmart and purchased a Everstart SS24-4-77 4 Gauge Switch to Starter Battery Cable, 24 Inches. I bolted one end to an existing bolt engine and the and the other on the firewall after cleaning down to bare metal, a guy on you tube suggested doing that after having similar issues. It has been more than 3 weeks of daily driving, no codes, no check engine lights no issues...nothing..nada. Not sure why it works , but so far I have no complaints.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:20 PM   #8
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

^ Can it be discovering the factory main power wire gauge was less than optimum after long term ownership, correcting it with larger gauge wires? Hopefully this mod prolongs your hybrid for several more years.