SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 10:29 PM   #1
Trustavue??
Trustavue?? is on a distinguished road

Question 2004 v6 FWD??

Hello all. The wife and i are thinking of getting an 04 V6 FWD VUE. I have read a lot of internet information and i know to stay away from the VTI 4 cylinder. My questions are as follows:

1. The original concept of Saturn was to imitate the japanese. Just wondering how successful GM has been with that? Looks like saturns are not as reliable as their japanese counterparts. Am i just reading the bad and ignoring the overwhelming good?

2. The current $1000 rebate on the 04 V6 expires on Nov 3rd. I am not going to be ready in time for that. Can i expect a new rebate to go into effect on Nov 4th or does it take time before new rebates are issued to replace expiring ones? Can i expect a bigger rebate than whats currently offered?

3. Can anyone tell me a rough estimate of tax, license and documentation fees on a $23000 car?

4. I know Saturn has this no haggle price thing. Where can one expect to haggle and save a few bucks? For example, although the MSRP is fixed, can i haggle on factory and dealer installed options?

Thank you for responding.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Trustavue??'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Trustavue?? reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome to saturnfans

Well let me just answer your questions as you have them numbered.

1. Saturns mission wasnt really to imitate the imports it was to compete. (imitate isnt the right word) they want to lure the people that usally go domestic into GM vehicles and saturn was the division that was suppose to do it an the beginning. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on saturns sucess and failures in that department. There really is no true answer. It all just depends on ones preference. I would say yes saturns are as good as most their counterparts. and the 04 vue does use the honda's 3.5L V6 powerplant.

2. New incentives have not yet been announced but I would guess they will continue them with something like the current ones.

3. That will vary depending on where you live. So I have no idea how much the end figure will be for you.

4. Some dealerships will negotiate on dealership installed options and warranties others wont. Doesnt hurt to ask. The dealership where I got my saturn would not.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask them

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-03-2003, 12:34 AM   #3
silvervoo
silvervoo is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

3. I paid $15 license fee + 6% tax on the price of the car, since that was the tax rate here at the time. Use the tax rate where you live to figure how much tax you'll pay. The other fees will likely be miniscule in comparison.

●● If it doesn't have a clutch, I'm not interested ●● Vive la bote manuelle ●●

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silvervoo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silvervoo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-03-2003, 03:34 PM   #4
Trustavue??

Okay. Thanks for the replies. The wife seems commited to getting one so i will probably get it pretty soon. Hope i dont suffer really bad issues. If so, its back to my trusty toyotas!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Trustavue?? reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-06-2003, 02:47 PM   #5
Trustavue??

Did i miss the boat? I am finding no incentives on the 2004 FWD V6. Can someone confirm that nothing was offered after the last set expired on Nov 3rd? Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-06-2003, 07:10 PM   #6
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

Where are you located? I just checked and I'm seeing $1000 rebates on V6 and $1500 on 4cyl '04 VUES up here in Michigan.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to D C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help D C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-06-2003, 08:57 PM   #7
Trustavue??

I am in Atlanta , GA.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-07-2003, 12:15 AM   #8
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

Looks like the same rebates down there, too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to D C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help D C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:20 AM   #9
Trustavue??

Do you mind telling me where you are seeing these current rebates? All the ones i see expired on Nov 3rd.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-07-2003, 07:15 AM   #10
cxc273
cxc273 is on a distinguished road

According to my local Saturn dealer, the rebate/incentive offers that were to expire on Nov. 3 are continuing until the beginning of December. So prospective owners can either take $1,000 off or go with the financing (3.9 percent for 72 or 60 months, lower for fewer months).

Personally, I think it's an OK deal, but compared to what Saturn's offered in the past, it isn't that great. I have a feeling--and there's no hard evidence to substantiate this--that the deals at the end of the year will most likely be better than what is currently being offered.

I'm also in the same boat, waiting to buy an '04 V6 AWD Vue. I just need all the help I can financially before committing to buying the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cxc273's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cxc273 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2003, 08:15 AM   #11
silvervoo
silvervoo is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally posted by cxc273

I have a feeling--and there's no hard evidence to substantiate this--that the deals at the end of the year will most likely be better than what is currently being offered.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The 0% financing and huge incentives kept the cars moving off the lots despite the sluggish economy, but those deals are killing the automakers. If the economy really is beginning to turn around, I would think those great deals are history.

Of course this is just my take... it's like playing the market, nobody has anymore than an educated guess =)

●● If it doesn't have a clutch, I'm not interested ●● Vive la bote manuelle ●●

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silvervoo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silvervoo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2003, 10:12 AM   #12
CanVueYes!
CanVueYes! is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2004 v6 FWD??

Quote:
Originally posted by Trustavue??
I have read a lot of internet information and i know to stay away from the VTI 4 cylinder.
Before you write off the VTi, read this first http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/...tid=16544&pg=1

I am one very happy VTi owner.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CanVueYes!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CanVueYes! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2003, 10:57 AM   #13
Trustavue??

Thanks all. I'll be stopping by the dealership today. Canvueyes, thanks for the good article but the VTI is not coming anywhere near my driveway.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-07-2003, 08:27 PM   #14
Trustavue??

Just got back from the dealer. When saturn says no haggling, i guess they really mean NO HAGGLING. I was offered 3.9% for 60 Months AND $1000 cash back. However, i was only able to score $50 off the accessories ($300 total) i ordered:o: . Is this a good deal or should i push for some more freebies? If so, what other options is the dealer more likely to throw in without whining too much? Thanks all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-07-2003, 08:56 PM   #15
Trustavue??

Also, to add to the above, this deal is on a 2004 FWD V6. They had even sweeter deals on 03s but i was not interested.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-08-2003, 09:09 PM   #16
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Did i miss the boat? I am finding no incentives on the 2004 FWD V6. Can someone confirm that nothing was offered after the last set expired on Nov 3rd? Thanks.
I was at the Miami Auto Show today and they were giving away $1500 'down payment assistance' coupons for all Saturns, even the 2004 V6, auto, FWD that I was looking at.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-12-2003, 01:40 PM   #17
Trustavue??

Picked up my new Vue today. Fully loaded (Leather, sunroof etc)2004 FWD V6 for $23800 out the door (GMS, rebate and low APR). Not bad at all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-13-2003, 07:31 AM   #18
ACS
ACS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Picked up my new Vue today. Fully loaded (Leather, sunroof etc)2004 FWD V6 for $23800 out the door (GMS, rebate and low APR). Not bad at all.
Congrats! The ride on the 04 V6 is great & peppy. What color?

Thinking of getting any accessories? Saturnaccessories.com has some great deals. Placed an order yesterday.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ACS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ACS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:28 PM   #19
Trustavue??

Quote:
Originally posted by ACS
Congrats! The ride on the 04 V6 is great & peppy. What color?

Thinking of getting any accessories? Saturnaccessories.com has some great deals. Placed an order yesterday.
Electric Blue. No plans for accessories yet but thanks for the website info.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #20
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Electric Blue. No plans for accessories yet but thanks for the website info.
Congrats on your VUE! If you buy from SaturnAccessories, be sure to thank them for supporting SaturnFans.com!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread