SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 08-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
510man
510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of

Default A/C PAG Oil Capcity Chart?

I'm replacing the compressor, condenser and TX on a 2008 Vue 2.4L. I'm looking for PAG oil weight and capacity info for this system. The sticker under the hood gives me the R134 charge info and it refers to PAG oil. Zero info on what PAG weight and how much. I looked in the owners manual. Didn't find it there either and didn't really expect to. A search of the Vue forum for PAG oil, AC oil, and A/C oil yielded no hits.

I found this website but, unfortunately, my daughter's Vue info is omitted.

http://www.compressor-intl.com/HTML/Sat08.htm

Is there a capacity chart on the forum somewhere and I'm just not finding it?

Thanks for any help.
510man is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: A/C PAG Oil Capcity Chart?

Does this help? https://www.techchoiceparts.com/refr...acities/saturn
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:45 PM   #3
510man
510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of510man has much to be proud of

Thanks. I found that one too. Only goes to 2004 and I have a 2008. May be different.

Compressor came with PAG 46 in it. I'm flushing the system so I can use PAG 46 easy enough. Question is, how much? I saw 7oz in the whole system in a forum post but that wasn't official. A bit of a passing comment as I recall.

Interesting that the new compressor reads it's preloaded with 250cc of PAG 46 on one label. Then on another label, it reads 10oz (250CC). Problem is 250 CC is 8.45oz. Given the label disparity, I drained it to be sure what I had in there. It had 4oz in it. SMH... Never trust the factory oil load. My limited experience has found them to be incorrect about half the time.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Unless a member can list service manual specs, try local library access to alldata or call/visit GM to ask for specs, 7 oz may be used throughout the 2.4L and 2.2L Vue series ac systems. With service manual info, replacement parts are given oil for balancing the system on startup after a repair to prevent compressor oil starvation.

As you may know, draining the old compressor gives you the amount of new oil to put into the replacement. Subtracting the drained amount from system capacity is the remaining oil distributed everywhere. This presumes the system didn't rupture catastrophically and blow out large amounts of oil. Manuals specify which replacement parts are refilled with oil.
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #5
510man

I plan to put 4oz back in the compressor, 1oz in each side of the condenser (drier is built in) and 1oz in evaporator. If someone comes forth with a different capacity, great.

Calling GM is bit of a dead-end. AC Delco has good product support. GM wants to talk warranty, OnStar and recalls. They refer info like this to their dealers, who seldom give it out. I get it. They want the service business but not on a car this old. AllData in the library is a good suggestion.