SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2020, 01:06 PM   #1
Tricha122
Tricha122 is on a distinguished road

Default Key stuck in ACC due to shifter micro level failure

My car has been having issues with the key getting stuck in ACC after parking. I converged on the problem being the micro level switch in the shifter assembly. This was no longer completing the circuit. I spent some time with the console open using a screwdriver every time to get the key out. When I lost my mind doing that I took it to the dealership. Twice. And both times they ghosted me after saying I needed a new shifter assembly. I got the impression that they couldn’t get this part anymore.

So I took matters into my own hands and grabbed a piece of wire and shorted the circuit with solder. Now I can take my key out / turn the car off anytime! Even on the highway!

This obviously doesn’t make me feel very good, but at least it works. Is it possible to find the micro level and install it myself? It looks like a very simple part to swap out. Where could I find the exact model?

2009 Saturn vue hybrid living in Toronto.

Thanks for any help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tricha122's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tricha122 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tricha122 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Key stuck in ACC due to shifter micro level failure

The lever on the installed micro switch looks to be custom but you should be able to use this one, you'll have to create the bend on the end of the lever and cut off any excess off the lever.
https://www.amazon.com/Twidec-Straig...1026550&sr=8-1
Here is a video that demonstrates the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QExRpOxUGak

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote