SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
akula114
akula114 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.5L
Question 2006-2007 Electrical problems

A. On my second Vue, from a 2003 to 2007 V-6. Previous BCM went crazier than a HAL-9000 with conflicting orders, of course. It is GM.

This 2007 Vue has a FEW anomalies, but none really severe or affecting the ECU (which does depend on the BCU for some control functions). For instance:

1. the windshield wipers do not reach parked in intermittent setting

2. the Cabin light function is INOP/anomalous. The cabin lights are almost always ON VERY SLIGHTLY except sometimes when running. Once or twice they worked, but not in many months. The Map lights exhibit the same slight glow. The Cabin (and lift gate function well when switched on, otherwise, dim glow...). I have switched to LEDs where practical, but incandescents were the same.

3. water temperature indicator is INOP. Always on. Engine function thermostat is fine, indicator faulty. I'm running out of black tape to cover it.

4. the CD disc changer is totally Fakakta... INOP. Radio works, but since it is the slightly higher grade factory model, I hardly think it worth mentioning.

I did notice an old thread about adding additional ground wires. Being up to snuff on practical electricity, it might be a good idea. I'd build my own, not buy a kit. My problem is that there is a hell of a wide divide between reality and a Haynes manual... especially in things like wiring other than depictions of schematics.

Thanks for any input!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to akula114's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help akula114 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
akula114 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links