SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2020, 04:39 PM   #1
NACMaverick
NACMaverick is on a distinguished road

Default 08 Vue 3.6L massive oil leak

I appreciate any and all help before I start this project! The 3.6L vue has developed a pretty healthy oil leak that looks as though it's on the transmission side of the engine, somewhere in the top half. I have oil pooling in one of the recesses on top of the transmission bell housing, and as well on top of the block between the cylinder heads.

My guess is that it's a valve cover gasket leaking, running on top of the block, and on turns, runs out and collects on the bell housing. But that is just wild speculation. I dont think this is the rear main seal, nor head gaskets as it has no other symptoms besides the oil leak.

I included a picture, the circle is the oil pool on the bell housing and the arrow points to area of the block between the cylinder heads and below the intake manifold.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NACMaverick's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NACMaverick reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NACMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
NACMaverick
NACMaverick is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 08 Vue 3.6L massive oil leak

It seems I cannot post an image as of yet due to my limited post history. So there goes that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NACMaverick's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NACMaverick reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NACMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:01 AM   #3
bern
Advanced Member
bern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of lightbern is a glorious beacon of light

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

The PCV office in the right (rear) valve cover is likely plugged. this may crank case pressure to push oil back wards out the fresh air side of the pcv system and / or any seal or gasket see:
TSB #PI0746E: Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) On, Poor Acceleration, Throttle Body Freezing, Multiple DTCs Set, Ice Deposits and/or Oil Deposits Present in Air Inlet Duct - (Apr 15, 2014)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:02 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

The only reason images can't be posted is image file size, often too large and unacceptable when larger than 150 kilobytes. Virtually every digital camera and cellphone creates multiple megabyte images far too large to include as attachments. The solution is simple. Use an image handler like Windows Paint or similar software to resize images to less than a megabyte and in jpeg format for acceptance as attachments.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote