SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 02:36 PM   #1
LurkerSteve
LurkerSteve is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up My Saturn did well during my road trip :)

95 SC1, started the trip with almost 103K miles.

I drove down from Seattle to Yosemite, then around the neighboring area (all of which is absolutely gorgeous.) Stopped by Mount Shasta and Crater Lake on the way back.

The trip included going over several very high passes (including Tioga Pass, which is almost 10K feet high), up and down steep roads, and over some very twisty roads with a 50mph speed limit.

All of which my Saturn handled like a champ. It did get a little warm heading over Luther Pass (hitting the 3/4 point for I think the first time) but that was it.

Ended the trip with close to 106K miles.

And people ask why I don't want to trade it in and buy something else.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LurkerSteve's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LurkerSteve reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2003, 04:18 PM   #2
AjaxSL2Guy
AjaxSL2Guy is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

Sounds like a VERY nice trip. I know how you feel about taking a high mileage Saturn on a long trip - no worries!!! Several of my friends (who drive junk I may add ) always ask me if I am afriad of going on a long trip in my SL2 with over 130,000 miles on it. I always say I would rather drive my car to Florida than a 2000 Cavailer, Neon, or Focus anyday!!!!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AjaxSL2Guy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AjaxSL2Guy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2003, 07:41 PM   #3
SW2Muck
SW2Muck is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

Sounds like a fun trip! I always found that either of my SW2's loved driiving in the Pennsylvania backwoods. The hills and turns always seemed to suit the powerbands of these cars and both performed superbly while down there. Me and my SW2 MIGHT be heading out to Missouri next week and I expect it will perform as well as usual.

Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

"Do you know your place, in the big charade? Are you more than they?"
-Bad Religion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SW2Muck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SW2Muck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:05 PM   #4
Tuanies
Advanced Member
Tuanies is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

Sounds like a fun trip, my '92 SL2 with 126k miles at the time survived a trip from Tacoma to Pullman, WA fine, only problem I had was the noise from the differential at 70mph, other then that the card survived fine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tuanies's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tuanies reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:16 PM   #5
WKDave3
WKDave3 is on a distinguished road

Hey Andrew,
If you come by southern Ky/Bowling Green let me know, grab lunch or dinner or whatever. I love takin my Sattie on trips. Went to South Carolina and Florida this summer with over 110,000 on her. I think I came back with a little over 113,00. I'll be headin down to FL again in a few weeks for my grandfather's heart surgery. Some of the back roads of TN and KY are also very good for the SL2's powerband and the drives are beautiful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WKDave3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WKDave3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2003, 11:01 PM   #6
SW2Muck

1999 SW2

Quote:
Originally posted by WKDave3
Hey Andrew,
If you come by southern Ky/Bowling Green let me know, grab lunch or dinner or whatever..
Maybe on my way back, if I do end up going out there. Springfield, MO. is a long way from Buffalo! So I'll probably end up breaking up the trip into 2 days. If you got a place where I can crash even better!

Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

-Bad Religion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SW2Muck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2003, 11:47 PM   #7
SL2Ghost42
SL2Ghost42 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
2004 VUE 2.4L

Hey, stop by south St. Louis when you head down here. That's were my satty and I are. You'll be heading right past us if you take Hwy 55, then can switch to Hwy 44 which heads down there I believe.
Don't know about a place to crash for the night, but if you need a short nap, i can provide accomadations for that one. (parents are a little afraid of new people and spending the night)
And a meal probably.
You could go to KY on the way down, and St.L on the way back, or vice versa.

2000 SL2 107,000 "Little Saturn" - Daily Driver
2004 Vue 125,000 "The Vue" - Work Vehicle

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2Ghost42's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2Ghost42 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:31 AM   #8
FrozenPilot
FrozenPilot is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1

Looks like I'll be driving back home for Christmas break again this year. 2 days, 1500miles and an overnight in Chicago. Then I get to do it again about 3 weeks later! That'll add another 3k miles to the 63k already on my satty... maybe I'll have the fuel mileage back up by then too

Its all about the coffee...

'06 Mazda 6i & '95 Saturn SL1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FrozenPilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FrozenPilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:35 AM   #9
ProDarwin
Master Member
ProDarwin is on a distinguished road

I forgot to tell you guys about my recent road trip. This saturday I went to Nashville and back from Flint Mi. Left at 1:00 in the morning, got back 11:00 at night.

It was just a quick trip to pick up a go kart. Car worked fine the whole way. 39mpg on the way down, 26mpg on the way back, with the go kart on the roof. That go kart has a lot of drag. On the way back, I had no power over 85mph.

Here's a pic of the go kart on my roof. Big tho. Like 730k. Sorry 56k dudes.

http://www.kettering.edu/~finl4388/p...20go%20kart%20(2).jpg

-Travis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ProDarwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ProDarwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:58 AM   #10
WKDave3
WKDave3 is on a distinguished road

Let me know when you plan on comin through...my room-mate is fine with it, need to clear it with my hall director though...dorm rules

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WKDave3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WKDave3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:06 PM   #11
SW2Muck

1999 SW2

Quote:
Originally posted by WKDave3
Let me know when you plan on comin through...my room-mate is fine with it, need to clear it with my hall director though...dorm rules
Dave,
Cool man! If you got beer and cute girls at your college then I'm there! I'm actually heading out to Springfield for a job interview, so IF I'm actually going to do it, then I'd probably stop by your way on my way back. I first got to figure out if this worthwhile for me to go out there or not. I'll let you know more as I get things squared away.

SL2Ghost,
Maybe I can stop by for dinner or lunch or something on way out? I'll keep you posted. To be honest, I want to do the trip more than the interview!

Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

-Bad Religion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-28-2003, 10:46 PM   #12
SW2Muck

1999 SW2

Sorry folks, roadtrip's off.

Andrew "SW2Muck" Muck

-Bad Religion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-02-2003, 05:10 PM   #13
SaturnGuru18
SaturnGuru18 is on a distinguished road

anyone coming out to the cali area?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnGuru18's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnGuru18 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread