SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #1
Durvelle27
Durvelle27 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default 2005 Vue 2.2 5 Spd Transmission issues

Alright guys i really need some help as I'm really stumped at this point. My slave cylinder recently went out so i went ahead and replaced it. I replaced the slave cylinder, clutch,clutch pressure plate, and the entire master cylinder assembly. I bled the system using tbe method i found on this here forum and the clutch pedal feels great just about better than before. Alright on to tbe issue, i get the car down out the air to test drive and as I'm riding down the street in 2nd gear i started hearing a grinding nose and all of sudden the car stopped going as if it was in neutral. Giving it gas does nothing. Alright so we some help i push it back to my shop get it back in the air and remove both front wheels. Start the car and put it in gear to see if i could still hear the sound but nothing and weirdly both sides are spinning even if i press the accelerator. Test all gears and they shift fine and clutch still feels good. Finally i try reverse and i could clearly hear the grinding noise from before.

Do you guys know what the issue could be as I'm stumped.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Durvelle27's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Durvelle27 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Durvelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2019, 11:36 AM   #2
Durvelle27

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2005 Vue 2.2 5 Spd Transmission issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durvelle27 View Post
Alright guys i really need some help as I'm really stumped at this point. My slave cylinder recently went out so i went ahead and replaced it. I replaced the slave cylinder, clutch,clutch pressure plate, and the entire master cylinder assembly. I bled the system using tbe method i found on this here forum and the clutch pedal feels great just about better than before. Alright on to tbe issue, i get the car down out the air to test drive and as I'm riding down the street in 2nd gear i started hearing a grinding nose and all of sudden the car stopped going as if it was in neutral. Giving it gas does nothing. Alright so we some help i push it back to my shop get it back in the air and remove both front wheels. Start the car and put it in gear to see if i could still hear the sound but nothing and weirdly both sides are spinning even if i press the accelerator. Test all gears and they shift fine and clutch still feels good. Finally i try reverse and i could clearly hear the grinding noise from before.

Do you guys know what the issue could be as I'm stumped.
To be exact my vehicle is a 2005 Saturn Vue with a 2.2L ECOtech engine and a 5 Speed Manual F23 transmission. Truck has about 287,000 Miles on it. I did the work because the slave cylinder had went out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Durvelle27 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

In general, all differentials are alike in operation. On the ground both drive wheels provide traction. In turns, the outside wheel turns in a larger radius so it turns faster than the inside wheel turning in a smaller radius. The differential allows this for left and right turns. The weakness of diffs is on slippery surfaces. The wheel spinning on gravel, sand, ice, snow, wet leaves, water, gets all the power while the good wheel that has traction (sticks to the ground) and should turn, doesn't. Every differential has this weakness. When both drive wheels are off the ground, nothing is preventing each wheel from turning.

With drive wheels off the ground, engine idling, in gear, hold one wheel. You're duplicating the same conditions as if on slick surfaces with one wheel having traction (the wheel you're holding from spinning). All power should turn the opposite drive wheel. Repeat holding the other wheel and expect the opposite wheel to spin. If two people lightly grab each wheel, both will turn as if on dry ground. Be aware of performing this test with drive wheels off the ground and in gear. Use all precautions without distractions and any safety to prevent the car from traveling on its own. Have three people if needed; one sitting in the driver's seat in case anything goes wrong with the other two for wheel holding to test differential action. Use 1st and reverse gear. Running rpm up isn't necessary.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:11 PM   #4
Durvelle27

2005 VUE 2.2L

Ok so i don't know what i did but i removed the wheels shook the driver cv axel checked tranny fluid reinstalled wheels and now she is running fine with no issues.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!