SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 12:43 PM   #1
LW2Rich
LW2Rich is on a distinguished road

Default FS: Used Set of 4 Borbet 16" Wheels with Bridgestone RE730 Tires

Set of 4 16x7.5 Borbet Type H with Bridgestone RE-730 225/55-ZR16 tires - $300

Since my 2000 LW2 Wagaon is leaving me this week (end of lease), I am left with my summer set of Tires and wheels to sell.

The wheels are 16" x 7.5" Bobret Type H's. They have no road rash, some marks scratches inside the bolt holes (from wrenches as these wheels were taken off every fall and put back on every spring for four summers). One wheel does have a scratch about 1.5 inches long right near one of the bolt holes (see picture). The wheels have been kept as clean as possible and where washed every year when they came off the car and waxed before going on the car in the spirng. The inside of the wheels (see picture) have normal wear from dirt, brake dust, road tar, etc. The wheels cost $130 each when new from the Tirerack. The wheels comes with a complete set of bolts and plastic centering rings.

The tires mounted on the wheels are the original set of Bridgestone 225/55ZR16 tires I ordered with them from the tires rack. They are mostly worn with one pair worn just about down to the wear indicator and the other pair has about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch more tread on them. They are noisy, but grip like a SOB... you should abe able to get at least a few thousands miles of clear waether fun out of them. Wear on the tires is pretty even and have been vibration free on my LW2 wagon (at least up to 100mph ).

I would prefer to sell them somewhere regionally (within a couple hundred miles of Syracuse NY) so I don't have to ship.

Feel free to contact me via email at rich@sigsound.com or call me at my office 315-622-4137. Pirce is a very reasonable $300 for the whole set.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LW2Rich's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LW2Rich reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
LW2Rich

Bump....

Surprised there have been no inquires.... they looked great on my L wagon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help LW2Rich reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-25-2003, 08:05 PM   #3
socketz
socketz is on a distinguished road

Would you consider shipping them w/o the tires (since they need to be replaced anyway) ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to socketz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help socketz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-26-2003, 12:08 PM   #4
LW2Rich

Quote:
Originally posted by socketz
Would you consider shipping them w/o the tires (since they need to be replaced anyway) ?
I feel shipping them without the tires on would be somewhat risky becuase packaging them well would not be easy and I'd be worried that UPS would bang them up in handling them. In shipment the tires would act to protect the rims and keep them true. Plus I have ALL the original packaging for the tires/wheels as they where shipped from the tirerack so they can be safely shipped that way instead some MBE place charging $$$ to package just the rims well enough to survive UPS.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #5
Dj_Xao
Advanced Member
Dj_Xao is on a distinguished road

As long as u pack them really good in a box they wont be damaged. Most damage comes from ppl not packing right. plus more than likly the rims will come as an irreg package so they would be handeled better. Plus rims and tires arent easy to throw.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dj_Xao's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dj_Xao reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-26-2003, 08:25 PM   #6
socketz

I tried to use MBE once to ship Wheels/Tires and they freaked.

They had no idea how to do it and quoted like $66 per wheel.

Any idea what they'd cost to ship (try 92128).

Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help socketz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:34 PM   #7
Dj_Xao
Advanced Member

Since We (UPS) now own MBE (now known as The UPS Store) the prices are the same virutally.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Dj_Xao reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-27-2003, 09:56 AM   #8
socketz

DJ,

Do you know about what it should cost to mail a wheel/tire combo across the country ? What did you pay in shipping for the 15s you received from another member on the board. I seem to remember you picked those up for like $150.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #9
Dj_Xao
Advanced Member

yeah i paid 60 bucks for shipping.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-27-2003, 01:01 PM   #10
LW2Rich

Quote:
I tried to use MBE once to ship Wheels/Tires and they freaked.

They had no idea how to do it and quoted like $66 per wheel.

Any idea what they'd cost to ship (try 92128).

Mike
Yeah, MBE inflates the base UPS rates to make money on whatever they ship. I do have a UPS shipping account for my business and using that, the cost to ship each wheel/tire is $35
from me (upstate NY 13090) to 92128. If I was just shipping the wheels, the price would be $20 per wheel plus the cost of packaging (appopriate sized boxes, rolls of bubble wrap etc. - could easily cost more than $5 wheel to packge them plus the cost to have the tires removed from the rims and disposed. I don't have boxes and packaging material on hand that would be suitable for shipping the wheels while I DO have the foam sheets and cardboard discs that the wheels with the tires mounted on them as they came from the tire rack. Packaging the wheels/tires as they are know would just require a few rolls of heavy duty 3M strapping tape and affixing a few shipping labels).

Having said all the above, I would willing to cover $50 of the cross country shipping costs on the wheels/tires as they are now. As well and to be honest, I don't want to deal with the time and cost it would take to get the tires off the wheels, get packaging, then package them and hope that the packaging is good enough that when UPS drops a box with a 25lbs chunk of metal in it that it does not get dinged or bent.

That's my 2 cents.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-28-2003, 10:00 AM   #11
socketz

Probably makes more sense to sell them to someone in your region that can meet you 1/2 way.

That's what I ended up doing with the wheels I had as well.

You may also want to advertise them on Saabnet.net.

Rarely do I see wheels of any kind sit there for more than a week or two. Also, since there are countless more Saab enthusiasts as compared to L ones, you cover a broader market using that site.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-28-2003, 06:02 PM   #12
LW2Rich

Quote:
Probably makes more sense to sell them to someone in your region that can meet you 1/2 way.

That's what I ended up doing with the wheels I had as well.

You may also want to advertise them on Saabnet.net.

Rarely do I see wheels of any kind sit there for more than a week or two. Also, since there are countless more Saab enthusiasts as compared to L ones, you cover a broader market using that site.
Meeting someone halfway or someone in the region is what I am really hoping for. Thanks for the tip about saabnet! I'll check it out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-28-2003, 08:47 PM   #13
Euphony010
Advanced Member
Euphony010 is on a distinguished road

Correction. The Website address is

www.SaabNet.com
Thomas

So Long L Series... Hello Mazda 3.

I still miss the polymer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Euphony010's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Euphony010 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-29-2003, 12:42 PM   #14
socketz

Thanks for catching the mistake Thomas.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-10-2003, 04:14 PM   #15
socketz

I see you put these on SaabNet.

Any takers yet ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-15-2003, 05:15 PM   #16
LW2Rich

Yep, I supossed to meet up with a guy from PA this weekend and if that falls through I have two other gentleman in NY & PA who want them. Again, thanks for the suggestion!

Rich

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread