SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the roughgm7 is a jewel in the rough

2009 VUE Red Line
Default Rear Marker Running light Removal...

To give back a bit to the forum I wanted a post a pic I put together of the rear marker running light for 2008-2010 Vue. This is a PITA and so thought it may help forum members.

I also removed the rear tail light assembly which was easy by comparison because I had a bad brake light bult....no. 3157 clear....the top rear bulb.
Two 8mm hex head bolts. Simple. See youtube if any questions.

Also see youtube to remove the front headlights for replacement which is a current thread on the forum. YouTube is a great resource and if you can't find it for the Vue, look to the sister car which is the Equinox for similar but not identical design architecture.

OK...click on the pic below. Please see the orientation of the retaining tabs for the lens backside. There is a tongue and groove hook in the rear and a straight pull interference latch in the front. Also you have to burp the top and bottom middle side tabs. I generally will sacrifice my finger tips a bit to do this kind of job versus use a pry tool to not mess up the urethane bumper cap paint but a narrower scrapper in the front leg of the trapezoidal shape lens will help release the straight pull front latch in the front of the assembly as shown.

A picture is worth a thousand words in figuring out how to get these marker lens off. Without understanding the orientation of the latch, hard to figure out how to pull. The bulb is a straight pull no. 168 clear which is CCW twist to separate from the backside little light assembly.

HTH as no doubt many have struggled with this. One of my lights was out and so I replaced both...cheap replacement bulbs on Amazon.

PS. I haven't posted in a while but read the forum which is great resource when owning the now 10 year old latest model Vue. So when I learn something like all the great contributors here, I have to step up and contribute what I learn when I can't find it on the web in particular or on this forum. Thanks for all that like these cars and help enrich the community by sharing their knowledge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saturn Vue Rear Marker Lens Light.jpg (129.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by gm7; 11-18-2019 at 09:25 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links