SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General

Old 10-12-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL
Default Sky general Qs

I have been looking at Skys or Solstices, seem to be reasonably priced, just had a few Q though.

Trunk space is very limited with top down?

Is there any storage behind the seats?

Do the seats adjust for up/down at all? Do they recline at all?

How are they to do regular maintenance? The engine bay looks pretty tight.

I haven't test driven one yet, just looking for non-hit ones I mean the nose. Saw a red one yesterday, looked like they repainted the nose with a brush

Don't tell my 97 SL that I might sell it!
97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #2
Tebo45
Tebo45 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Sky general Qs

I have a 2007 Saturn Sky and am looking to purchase a luggage rack for somy wife and I can travel in the summer.
Tebo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
Dark Sky
Dark Sky is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Sky general Qs

Mike,
I have a 2008 Sky redline. The top down eats up most of the trunk space. With it down I can get very little in there. Maybe an over night bag or two-soft ones. When up I can get a fair amount of 1/2 full paper grocery bags and a couple 12 packs of Root beer.

They have manual tops which seems to offend many people for some stupid reason. The operation is simple and only takes a minute or so. I prefer the simplicity compared to some mechanical mess like the Miata my friend has.

The seats slide forward, up & down and recline. They don't move in any direction very far. I'm 6' tall so my seat is all the way back so I can work the clutch. If you are shorter the seat will move forward but there's very little room behind the seat in the pocket. Good for some magazines or maps. My longest trip has been from Houston, TX to Huntsville, AR and it was not uncomfortable at all. The seats are nice.

So far I've done no maintenance myself but have had the oil changed and all at a dealership. I now have 41k miles and will be going to the dealer soon for the recall on the ign switch and a well baby visit. The engine compartment is not as hard to get around as it looks. Changing the battery is a drag as the R front fender has to be removed. It's only a matter of about 9 bolts but not hard.

If you get a chance to drive one you will love the car in spite of it's few faults. It's not a car to go shopping in, take long overnight trips or haul kids around. It's a sporty car to enjoy the open road and have fun. People buy them and get disappointed because they can't do the monthly grocery shopping or pack suitcases to go visit grandma. It is what it is and for that purpose it's amazing! It's a head turner and be prepared to answer lots of questions from interested folks when you get gas or stop anywhere.

I get great joy driving it and the relief from a hectic life.
Dark Sky
Dark Sky is offline   Reply With Quote