SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
SL2 Ride
SL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura about

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 ION-3 Sedan
Default 2007 Vue remote self programmable?

Half the sites I see say that you can self program the key fob, and half say you can't.
I tried 3 different versions, and none of them worked.
I suspect there is a mixup on which year of Vue is being logged on the sites.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2 Ride's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2 Ride reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL2 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2007 Vue remote self programmable?

Check your owner's manual. If you have Passlock, dealer only or licensed locksmith use GMs Tech II scantool to program remotes. If you have Passkey/PK3 (rfid chip in the key) owners manual should have programming info or reliable remote sellers can provide programming info.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
SL2 Ride
SL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura about

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Check your owner's manual. If you have Passlock, dealer only or licensed locksmith use GMs Tech II scantool to program remotes. If you have Passkey/PK3 (rfid chip in the key) owners manual should have programming info or reliable remote sellers can provide programming info.
I don't have the manual, but I know the key does not have rfid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SL2 Ride reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-21-2019, 06:03 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Ok then yours is Passlock and a dealer/licensed locksmith procedure requiring GMs Tech II scantool to connect to the OBD II port to program remotes. If you decide to do this, bring all remotes as they get programmed, one at a time, up to four remotes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:38 PM   #5
SL2 Ride

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Ok then yours is Passlock and a dealer/licensed locksmith procedure requiring GMs Tech II scantool to connect to the OBD II port to program remotes. If you decide to do this, bring all remotes as they get programmed, one at a time, up to four remotes.
thanks for the info. the old saturn dealer near me still handles saturn stuff, so i'll give them a call.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-24-2019, 12:19 AM   #6
pillagenburn
pillagenburn is on a distinguished road

Question on this topic, but will aftermarket tools work to reprogram key FOB's ? Like a vcx Nano?

2005 Vue (150k on body):
2.2L L61 from 2006 Monte Carlo (43k mi)
5-speed (150k)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pillagenburn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pillagenburn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pillagenburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #7
ScotSHO
ScotSHO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillagenburn View Post
Question on this topic, but will aftermarket tools work to reprogram key FOB's ? Like a vcx Nano?
Yes, I just went thru this on a 2007 Vue. I needed a scanner to read the PCM codes (bad downstream O2 sensor) and also needed to program two new key fobs. The VCX Nano killed two birds with one stone. It worked well once the software was installed on a laptop.

It is quite dumb that you need the GM Tech2 interface to program a new key fob. Cars older than the mid 2000s just needed a jumper wire, and cars later than that just need a few clicks of a dash interface. It seems security (or maybe self made dealer money generators) was all the rage in 00s.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ScotSHO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ScotSHO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ScotSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #8
SL2 Ride

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotSHO View Post
Yes, I just went thru this on a 2007 Vue. I needed a scanner to read the PCM codes (bad downstream O2 sensor) and also needed to program two new key fobs. The VCX Nano killed two birds with one stone. It worked well once the software was installed on a laptop.

It is quite dumb that you need the GM Tech2 interface to program a new key fob. Cars older than the mid 2000s just needed a jumper wire, and cars later than that just need a few clicks of a dash interface. It seems security (or maybe self made dealer money generators) was all the rage in 00s.
man I wish i'd seen this yesterday. I went to GM to get it done.
and of course they said "around 40 dollars" on the phone, but with the dealer fee it wound up being $72.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #9
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotSHO View Post

I think the VCX Nano is just a different version of what I have. Its just a MDI interface and you run Tech2Win on your PC, which is exactly what the dealers do. Not sure too many dealers still have the old Tech II's.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #10
ScotSHO
ScotSHO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL2 Ride View Post
man I wish i'd seen this yesterday. I went to GM to get it done.
and of course they said "around 40 dollars" on the phone, but with the dealer fee it wound up being $72.
Ouch, the VCX Nano w/ software sells for around $120.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ScotSHO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ScotSHO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ScotSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #11
pillagenburn
pillagenburn is on a distinguished road

I've seen the VCX as low as $110 and if the difference is only $35 I'd just as soon get the VCX so I can do other cars if necessary.

I'd think it'd be worth $35

2005 Vue (150k on body):
2.2L L61 from 2006 Monte Carlo (43k mi)
5-speed (150k)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pillagenburn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pillagenburn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pillagenburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:45 AM   #12
SL2 Ride

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillagenburn View Post
I've seen the VCX as low as $110 and if the difference is only $35 I'd just as soon get the VCX so I can do other cars if necessary.

I'd think it'd be worth $35
Well if this key fob ever fails, that's the route i'll take.
It's a new ACDelco, so hopefully it will last.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!