SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Brake bleeding procedure

i replaced both front flex hoses on my 03 V6 vue. i am using a piece of tubing on bleeder that drops into a catch can. i opened driver side bleeder and the pedal moves to floor with minimal effort. fluid comes out of tube.
went to pass side. pedal is very hard and goes to floor slowly
i loosened banjo bolt and fluid is dripping out.
tightened bolt and now the pedal seems to drop normally?
pass side rotor felt hot when i removed hose. and i think bearing is noisy
i had same issue with bleeding on my equinox last month.
pass side seemed to fight me. i put new hose on equinox
vue seems to brake evenly today going to work
though the bearing is probably due for replacement
oh, i lifted front of vue and let both tires spin in gear and pass side is much slower? huh?
i do feel a rumble when i hold the coil spring. darn bearing is 3yrs old. cheap chinese part

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #2
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Brake bleeding procedure

Bearings are usually not a great place to save money on cheap parts.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #3
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L

I know for a fact vue is rolling easier. I replaced knuckle and bearing last time. Maybe bearing will come out with little effort. Since it does not have 13yrs of salt spray.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #4
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

...Timken is your friend for wheel bearings, also if bleeding brakes, crack open the furthest bleeder from the MC, using you method ,keep pressing pedal till ALL bubbles are gone in tube , make sure MC is temp overfilled for this, rears 1st, then fronts, this should firm things up, having a friend pump the brakes is even better, hope this helps, DC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #5
Cavell
Advanced Member

2003 VUE 3.0L

Any idea why pass front would not bleed with new hose? I changed hose for same issue last month on my equinox. I think there may have been crud in the caliper/bled port. Did bearing tonight also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E4D411CA-D9EF-4C60-804E-C90996F70748.jpg (155.4 KB, 4 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #6
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

...possibly rust or crud from previous flex brakeline, like you stated. Maybe open bleeder more and have someone pump pedal, if no better take bleeder off and let it drain for a bit ,gravity drain, make sure res. is full, DC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #7
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
Any idea why pass front would not bleed with new hose? I changed hose for same issue last month on my equinox. I think there may have been crud in the caliper/bled port. Did bearing tonight also.
If you think that the bleeder is blocked remove it and clean it with small drill bits. You should be able to blow air through it if it is not blocked.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote