SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2019, 09:41 PM   #1
seansaturn
seansaturn has a spectacular aura aboutseansaturn has a spectacular aura aboutseansaturn has a spectacular aura about

2007 VUE 3.5L
Devil Oil Explosion under hood with overheating

Saturn Vue 3.5L 2007 185k miles

Seem to be having a string of bad luck with cars lately, only 2 days from vacation and it's one thing after another!

I was driving uphill with AC on, it wasnt Colorado or anything crazy, but I presume it put too much strain on the engine. The Engine Coolant Temp light came on, then almost immediately, the temp guage sky rocketed. I pulled over and turned the car off.

Under the hood, there was oil over the battery, fuse box, and a little on the throttle body (maybe a quarter liter total, maybe little less, but enough to make you panic). I examined all the hoses and there was no visible leakage. I looked around the engine, nothing there either. I had no idea where this oil came from, but there is one hose with had a plastic white piece shoved it in the end. Its connected to a little notch on the side of the fuse box. I suspected from there? Breather hose maybe? (Will post pic soon)

I assume there was too much pressure in the crankcase and the oil erupted. After digging around online, I could only find a thread about problems with the PCV lines in freezing conditions, but nothing else. It's over 100F here.

I turned the AC off and put the heaters on full, the engine light went out after 5mins. Drove it 200 miles back home at 65mph with no problems (other than boiling my beans!).

Has anybody any experience with this issue? Stuck closed PCV? clogged tube somewhere? What is that mysterious line connected to the side of the fuse box?

I will post pictures up to compliment this post a little later.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to seansaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help seansaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
seansaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Oil Explosion under hood with overheating

...That hose you are talking about is the breather for the trans. Questions are , when was the last time a tune up was done ,water pump, plugs, etc. pcv valve is in front on left side , facing motor,on the head, it is bolted in with one bolt and sealed with an o ring..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote