SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
Madison lynn
Madison lynn is on a distinguished road

Default 2008 Vue passenger rear quarter panel

Recently in a rear end collision on the passenger side. Tryin to figure out how to remove the panel above the PS rear tire. Any help would be appreciated

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Madison lynn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Madison lynn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Madison lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2019, 12:08 AM   #2
hudypete1
hudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the roughhudypete1 is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: 2008 Vue passenger rear quarter panel

I don't have any direct knowledge on that piece, but I do suggest the following (and I will look at the junk yard tomorrow to confirm my steps below):

Check for a local pick and pull junk yard in your area and use their vehicles as test subjects. Try taking then apart. My local yards charge either $2 or $3 to get in and then I can be there as long as I want. I practice on their vehicles to avoid damage to my wife's Vue.

In general, to remove that part you will need to take off the inner fender, the rail that runs under the doors, and the rear bumper cover.

For the inner fender, there are 4 small 7mm bolts and 5 (I think) plastic clips that have a Phillips head. Unscrew the center part of those clips and then pop out the outside piece.

For the rail, start at the front and remove the couple of 10mm bolts, then there are about 20 snap in clips, about half on the side and half on the bottom. With the front loose, you just work your way towards the back of the vehicle unsnapping them one at a time

The bumper cover uses 3 of the 7mm bolts (don't miss the one in the bottom) that are also used for the inner fender, 4 plastic screw clips under the weather stripping around the rear hatch, and another 4 clips on the bottom silver piece. After that, it just takes a strong tug on both sides to get it loose. A helper person is nice to hold one side while you work on the other side.

For the quarter panel, you probably will want a ratcheting 10mm wrench. I know the front fender has some hidden 10mm bolts that you can't loosen any other way. I also use a 7mm socket in a ratchet, and a Phillips screwdriver. A panel/trim removal tool (horror fright sells them) is nice but not needed.

I estimate 20-30 minutes to take off your quarter panel once you have practices at the junk yard on a different vehicle. It should be a relatively simple job.

Peter

Peter

CURRENT:
08 Vue XE Black 2.4L
07 Ion 3 Savannah Green Metallic 2.4L
04 Ion 2 Berry Red 2.2

PREVIOUS:
99 SL2 Silver Plum
99 SL2 Dark Blue
95 SL2 Lilac Metallic
94 SW2 White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hudypete1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hudypete1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hudypete1 is offline   Reply With Quote