SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #1
prehberg
prehberg is on a distinguished road

Default rattling noises screeching

Just thought i would post what I've gone thru with my new to me 06 vue awd. recently purchased it used (obviously duh!) Over all seemed in decent shape. Reasonably clean underneath. Previous owner stated he had a number of things replaced to make sure his daughter would be safe driving it. well 5 or 600$ Canadian later it is safe to drive. New drivers side CV axle (hole big enough to put your whole hand in!) and brake pads. New tranny fluid, new rear diff fluid, and new oil and filter too. All were pretty old. Followed everything I'd read on the post regarding each replacement. Thanks too all!! One thing some may have come across. An annoying rattle when I drove showed up recently along with an annoying squeak/screeching sound. The later turned out to be the "performance ceramic brake pads" I purchased from AutoShack. Junk!!! Looked more like bargain basement semi metallic, maybe even sub bargain basement!! replaced them with a set of Bosch and no more screeching. The rattle turned out to be the super flimsy exhaust pipe heat shield that runs front to almost back. retainers had rusted off (I think) and it was rattling against the drive shaft. Made a helluva racket. A couple of self tap screws took care of that .Oh yeah and that damn drl resistor. Man what a rip 75.00$ for a chunk of ceramic and a plug socket!. Over all though its not a bad little suv. Wouldn't go rock crawlin with it but it does serve the purpose. And discovered when i changed the oil the plug had been over torqued. Luckily i was able to snag one from the local yard in perfect shape for 37$. Used an Eco plug for un-damaged alum pans on it. Great little idea. Never have to bother worrying about damaged threads again.Was going to go with a Valvomax unit but 39$ and change US was a little rich for my budget. After exchange to Canadian with shipping taxes and duty it would've cost me over 60$ Canadian. A little much for an oil plug!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to prehberg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help prehberg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
prehberg is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2019, 05:06 PM   #2
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: rattling noises screeching

Quote:
Originally Posted by prehberg View Post
.Oh yeah and that damn drl resistor. Man what a rip 75.00$ for a chunk of ceramic and a plug socket!.
If the drl resistor went the one for the A/C is likely gone also. Do you have A/C?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruce Rock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruce Rock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: rattling noises screeching

Quote:
Originally Posted by prehberg View Post
Man what a rip 75.00$ for a chunk of ceramic and a plug socket!.
Last time I priced it, they were $45, I just left it go, I'd be replacing it again... Sawt & road Khemicals attack this bugger, I haven't see a Vue with DLR's in quite a while in my area.

My AC still works (at least it did last Summer), but the scroll valve has been gone for a couple years.

Check that tab on the heat shield to the rear of the front disk near the center for rubbing & grinding noises.

How is your frame?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote