SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
mmtphoto
mmtphoto is a jewel in the roughmmtphoto is a jewel in the roughmmtphoto is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
Default 2007 xr dash lights stopped working one pod

Like the title says, my '07 with 196,000 miles just did this-there are three pods in the instrument cluster, from l to r tach/speedo/fuel-temp. Out of no where, the feul/temp does not light. Are these bulbs, or some atomic generator that went offline...Any big deal pulling the pod out? Thoughts appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mmtphoto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mmtphoto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mmtphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2019, 09:22 PM   #2
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really nice

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: 2007 xr dash lights stopped working one pod

The instrument cluster is not too hard to get out but the bad part is all the lights are LEDs. All the little white squares in the pic of the front of the cluster are LEDs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr9JS9ur9PM
You may be able to find a repair service online that replaces the LEDs.
Don't bother getting a used one, while everything will work, the odometer will not count. The clusters in Aura's are forever locked to the VIN of the vehicle.

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:46 PM   #3
mmtphoto
mmtphoto is a jewel in the roughmmtphoto is a jewel in the roughmmtphoto is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: 2007 xr dash lights stopped working one pod

thanks for that info, I guess I'll send it out, hate it not working even though I could still see the needles even in the dark, it just looks weird. Lots of electronics on this car, more to go bad as time goes on i suppose.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mmtphoto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mmtphoto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mmtphoto is offline   Reply With Quote