SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
nashzzzz
nashzzzz is on a distinguished road

Default Convert US Saturn Astra back to Opel/Vauxhall

Hey! I just bought my '08 Astra XR 3D Coupe a couple of months ago, and I wanted to rebadge it to Opel/Vauxhall to really get some raised eyebrows. What are some resources and any information that I'd need to do this?

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nashzzzz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nashzzzz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nashzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2019, 06:18 PM   #2
FreedomSoftware
FreedomSoftware will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Convert US Saturn Astra back to Opel/Vauxhall

Going to need something like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vauxhall-As...4AAOSwyhBcgR7z

Keep in mind it needs to be an Astra H grill, and MUST have the 7 clips that run across the bottom. Your best bet it to lookup "Astra H Facelift grille". I got mine from ebay, cost about $150 shipped. The one I linked is a little cheaper but it should do.

As for wheel centers, and other badges for the rear, I'm not sure as I just took the badges off the back, and the centers I left alone for the time being.

'08 Saturn Astra
-Debadge
-Vauxhall Grille
-Thule Roof Rack (and wind fairing)
-1.25" Lowered
-Windows Tint all around
-JVC Head unit
-Dual 12" Subs

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FreedomSoftware's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FreedomSoftware reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FreedomSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:44 PM   #3
kikastra
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XR

The one thing that has stopped me for doing the conversion is being able to doi the entire thing. And the one thing that seems to be difficult is the centre piece on the steering wheel. Everything else you can just buy a ready fit replacement for. AFAIK there's no ready fit replacement for the logo on the steering wheel. I know some people have jigged something to work, but I'm not sure how to do it.

2009 Saturn Astra XR3 5-Speed - 77,000KM

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kikastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kikastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #4
TDA
TDA is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE

The hardest part on the conversion is the air bag cover. I'm still running my original. Still need to have the recall done. Whenever I finally do that, I'm going to beg the dealer to order a non-saturn one. Highly doubt they can/will though.

Mine is currently running a pre-facelift Opel grill. It works. But required some modification to 'fit'. That was done 2 owners of the grill ago. Pretty sure it's been on 4 different cars in it's life.

If I can find one while in Brazil, I will be bringing back a facelift Chevrolet Vectra GT grill and switching my car over to that rather than Opel. Probably have better luck importing a Mexican Chevrolet Astra air bag than an Opel one. Not going to try to bring a Brazilian one on the plane with me.

For Opel and Vauxhall, I believe you will need the Facelift 5 door grill to fit. 3 and 5 doors had different bumpers and grills in Europe. Here ours are the same and more similar to their 5 door.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TDA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TDA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:59 PM   #5
YULAstra
YULAstra is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDA View Post
The hardest part on the conversion is the air bag cover. I'm still running my original. Still need to have the recall done. Whenever I finally do that, I'm going to beg the dealer to order a non-saturn one. Highly doubt they can/will though.

Mine is currently running a pre-facelift Opel grill. It works. But required some modification to 'fit'. That was done 2 owners of the grill ago. Pretty sure it's been on 4 different cars in it's life.

If I can find one while in Brazil, I will be bringing back a facelift Chevrolet Vectra GT grill and switching my car over to that rather than Opel. Probably have better luck importing a Mexican Chevrolet Astra air bag than an Opel one. Not going to try to bring a Brazilian one on the plane with me.

For Opel and Vauxhall, I believe you will need the Facelift 5 door grill to fit. 3 and 5 doors had different bumpers and grills in Europe. Here ours are the same and more similar to their 5 door.
Just get a generic opel roundel from a center cap and use that. It's close enough. The biggest issue with a proper conversion are the EU spec bumpers...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YULAstra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YULAstra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
YULAstra is offline   Reply With Quote