SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #1
xlevix10
xlevix10 is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 Aura XR TCS issues/rattling

I have an 07 Aura XR with 163,000 miles on it. Within the last few days, I've starting having issues with the traction control where it will constantly turn off and say "Service Traction." I do also get an engine code, P0011. I've honestly experienced intermittent issues with the TCS where it'll turn off and say to service it, but it would happen once in a blue moon, but now it happens many times in a single trip.

When it started, I would hear a rattling noise that seems to come primarily from the front driver side, although I have heard it on the front passenger side, too. It would only happen when I would turn, but now it's happening when driving straight, and is much worse when accelerating quickly.

Has anyone experienced this or anything similar, or have any ideas what the issue could be?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xlevix10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xlevix10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xlevix10 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2007 Aura XR TCS issues/rattling

163k miles suggests there may be additional age related wear and tear on parts that may be announcing themselves. TCS is an abs function. Abs error codes can be decoded at some/all AutoZone stores with readers capable of decoding abs error codes. Call ahead to verify their readers can read abs errors.

P0011 is about variable valve timing and errors detected as either valves too advanced or retarded.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:46 PM   #3
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really nice

2008 AURA XE

Good description of P0011. I've had that code before. It was intermittent and once cleared it did not come back. So clear yours, if it doesn't come back you're good. If a camshaft position sensor is failed, it will usually throw a code to tell you which one is failed.
https://www.autocodes.com/p0011_saturn.html
Video describing camshaft position sensor replacement, there are 4 of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuiViOoA2MI

As far as the traction control errors go, a code reader that reads engine codes will not display codes from other modules. I had an issue with the front driver side wheel bearing that caused me intermittent traction control issues that eventually became permanent Service Traction control, ABS and Stability control messages. The wheel speed sensor is integral to the bearing assembly. In my case the bearing was good but the bearing was improperly installed. I posted some pics in this thread...
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...=wheel+bearing

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:54 PM   #4
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really nice

2008 AURA XE

The rattling might also be caused by worn out stabilizer links.

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote