SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
Kwillis
Kwillis is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Dizzy MAF Sensor Pigtail

So i need a new pigtail for my Mass Air Flow Sensor. Im having alot of trouble finding one, and am worried about buying the wrong one. Can anyone please help???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kwillis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kwillis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: MAF Sensor Pigtail

Presuming you're describing replacing the female connector to the maf sensor, there might be difficulty in just finding a connector and wires since most wiring are harnesses made as one piece with branches off the main connection, the engine computer. Best chances of finding a connector with short lengths of wiring may be from cannibalized wrecks or visiting a junk yard. Ebay and craiglist may be another source of whole or cannibalized connectors. And there's a possibility of the connector being used elsewhere on your car, suggesting more use of the same connector.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:11 PM   #3
AstraFasta
AstraFasta will become famous soon enoughAstraFasta will become famous soon enough

This parts site might get you started (fuel & exhaust button).

https://opel.7zap.com/en/car/a04/

US engine is z18xer but is slightly different from that of Europe.

You might find a similar engine in the Chevy Cruze but you need to see if components are similar.

Or you could call a junk yard and patch the cable in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AstraFasta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AstraFasta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AstraFasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #4
Kwillis
Kwillis is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Thanks i have already started calling junk yards. Hopefully someone has an Astra I can pick one from.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kwillis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kwillis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:18 AM   #5
jamesl285
jamesl285 is on a distinguished road

You can try to search on junk yards or salvage auctions

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jamesl285's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jamesl285 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jamesl285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:00 AM   #6
drinxx
drinxx is on a distinguished road

Did you ever find the pigtail? I am in the same situation. :-(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to drinxx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help drinxx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
drinxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #7
focusofheart
focusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura about

1998 SL2

I went looking for a solution to your problem and found something on youtube that directed me to a url - findpigtails.com. So I went to that site and it appears they have what you need (female connector) although it is a tad expensive. They do give 20% off your first order, so look for that. You might view their video on how to repair pigtails in case you have the skill to do so.

P.S. I had to use the chat option on the homepage because the search failed to list Saturns. The representative was able to show me a 4 wire female connector
by giving him the vehicle information I had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZClFy0mr2I

https://findpigtails.com/

Last edited by focusofheart; 05-29-2019 at 10:32 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:18 PM   #8
focusofheart
focusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura aboutfocusofheart has a spectacular aura about

1998 SL2

Last thought - contact an Auto Electric shop to see if they can make one for you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is online now   Reply With Quote