SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
Northerner
Northerner is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Devil So I hit a deer w/my Vue...

Valentine's day (Massacre). It had dropped really cold here (in MN) that night and I was doing the limit - about 55mph...and there was no time whatsover to react. I saw its face and that was it.

Deer was roughly 150 pounds (I think?). This truck was mint (one-owner, essentially) before what you see here:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Northerner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Northerner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Northerner is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
waiter21
Advanced Member
waiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to all

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: So I hit a deer w/my Vue...

DARN Luck you didn't hit it square in the middle, they usually come through the windshield..

I hit one a few year ago with my F150. Looked about the same as your. Really pissed me off, I had liability insurance only and the deer was uninsured.

2003 Vue - 2.2L with Manual Trans. (Swapped)
Originally had 2.2L and Auto trans.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to waiter21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help waiter21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
Northerner

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiter21 View Post
DARN Luck you didn't hit it square in the middle, they usually come through the windshield..

I hit one a few year ago with my F150. Looked about the same as your. Really pissed me off, I had liability insurance only and the deer was uninsured.
Same here.

Liability only so I got nothing. Fortunately there are two mint black Vues at the yard (though it's across town) and I got all the parts I needed for about $240 total.

I already threw the new fender and door skin on - I'll wait til summer to throw the bumper cover on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Northerner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-17-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
rb6667
Advanced Member
rb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to behold

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2004 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

I feel your pain.

My wife was standing still on a country 2 lane road when a deer ran out the woods and hit her car. Did a fair amount of damage but was able to repair it and put it back on the road.

Insurance company wanted to total it. I said no! Car had 60K miles on it at the time.

Fortunate you were not hurt.

What are your plans?

Edit.... I see our posts crossed on the forum. Glad to hear you were able to save it!

2004 L-Series Wagon 2.2
2004 L-Series Wagon 2.2
2004 L-Series Wagon 3.0

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rb6667's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rb6667 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rb6667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:59 PM   #5
Northerner

2004 VUE 2.2L

Like I said I got the door "skin", fender, headlamp all bought and put on (just put the "skin" on an hour ago).

Fairly easy body to work on - as long as you can find a donor like I have.

I'm still out about $250, but at least I will have it looking close to mint again when I'm done with it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #6
tcndeb
tcndeb is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Thumbs Up Re: So I hit a deer w/my Vue...

At todays prices 250 bucks is a deal. You can't a shop to even look at a vehicle for that kind of money. Glad you got it back in good shape so cheaply.

'04 Base Model Vue, 2.2, 5 Speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tcndeb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tcndeb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tcndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #7
Northerner

2004 VUE 2.2L

Well I slapped it all back together (more or less). About $250 and a couple man-hours later:

Aside from the hood (which the deer's head ran into, partially) you probably wouldn't be able to know it hit a deer.

I probably overpaid for the parts (bought the headlamp, sidelamp and front bumper cover from the shop by my house - the Upullrparts actually had another mint black Vue come in since I first posted here) by about $50, but such is life.

I will say that working on this body was fairly easy and not too unpleasant.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-24-2019, 09:13 AM   #8
waiter21
Advanced Member
waiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to allwaiter21 is a name known to all

2003 VUE 2.2L

Looks good

2003 Vue - 2.2L with Manual Trans. (Swapped)
Originally had 2.2L and Auto trans.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to waiter21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help waiter21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:45 PM   #9
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
Well I slapped it all back together (more or less). About $250 and a couple man-hours later:

I will say that working on this body was fairly easy and not too unpleasant.
Even in the kold too? All cars should be made this way, but I'd likely be fighting the rusty bolts, stripped heads etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote